RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   *GENERAL TRIG* Got the ball rolling/medical records... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44850)

pixie*lyssie 25-04-2008 05:22 PM

*GENERAL TRIG* Got the ball rolling/medical records...
 
Well I emailed the clinic (psych clinic I was in) about getting a copy of my file and the lady emailed me back with a form to print out and send so I filled it out and it should get there 2nd class by monday morning. Then they'll let me know how much to pay and then apeak to my old Dr and see if it's ok to send them and yeah...

I guess I just need some support from you guys. I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I am going to see how much I have grown since I was in hospital although it'll probably bring back memories. I think I have come a long way tbh...

xxx

pixie*lyssie 26-04-2008 12:56 PM

Thanks for the support then guys... I guess!

x-dying-inside-x 26-04-2008 01:07 PM

hunny ive only just seen the thread.
if you feel it will help you then go for it, its always good to see how much better you have got.
take care
xx

Stellata 26-04-2008 01:16 PM

I hope reading your records enhances your perspective on your recovery and yourself.

pixie*lyssie 26-04-2008 02:35 PM

thank you very much.

crazykat 26-04-2008 02:40 PM

I hope you find it of some benefit, good luck with it all

Popple 26-04-2008 07:42 PM

good luck sweetie
remember to try and think of it in a positive light
*cuddles*
take care
much love
katy
xx

popcorn 27-04-2008 02:38 AM

Hey... It sounds like a good sign that you are taking control of this and wanting to see how you've grown. But-- I also want to warn you that it can be very hard (in my experience anyway) to read reports and such about yourself. It is so objectifying, and seeing all the 'bad' stuff written down (because they don't write down the healthy parts!) and just some of the jargon too, like they write 'patient denied suicidal ideation' which just means that they asked you and you said you didn't have any-- but 'denied' feels to me like they think you were lying. Anyway-- my therapist said that it's typically hard for people to look at their records. And that it's good to do it in a safe place/supportive environment if at all possible.

Aidee 27-04-2008 07:40 AM

A lot of places have people make an appointment to see their records, and they have a medically trained person sit with them to explain anything they don't understand so that no one jumps to conclusions, or becomes confused about how something is written.

Merc 27-04-2008 10:19 PM

Wonderful news you're feeling better..must have taken a great deal of work! Congrats!
sorry, just seen this too.
one word of warning...i got some of mine (from psych ward) and i found it a little odd and ....disturing reading this stuff virtual stangers had written about me. I had to read it in chunks...just a lil warning...
hope it goes ok and you get what you want.
Pls let us know ok???
romp

pixie*lyssie 27-04-2008 11:01 PM

Thank you so muc guys, I will let you all know how it goes. xx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.