![]() |
I am not a poet...
And I am alone
I am alone. There are people all around and I am alone. I am talking to you and I am alone. You are holding my hand and I am alone. You are there when I fall asleep, you are there when I wake and I am alone. You site there telling me I am not alone and I am alone. I am more alone surrounded by people than I am by myself. I am less alone with my own thoughts than I am when you are speaking. And I am alone. Untitled my body aches my head spins my thoughts race, and I struggle to catch my breath everything is moving too fast relax...i tell myself but i can't my muscles get tighter i am caught in a bubble everything outside myself has been muted; has been paused i am alone in this torture i am twisted up inside tied in knots someone has rearranged all of my organs everything is wrong, inside and out nothing looks or feels like it should i can't escape the feelings that come i can't escape the pain it circles outside my bubble, ready to invade i can't leave this place or it will attack how long will the walls withstand? how long can i hold them up? i am not strong enough to stay here forever i am weaker all the time the pain will win it will permeate my skin, my heart, my soul the blood sucking feelings will leave me hollow void of all my cells, all my organs, all my tissues a shell will remain the skin will start to fall away from the bone and i will cease to exist nothing left but the space the wide empty space that my body used to consume a hole an abyss a void will anyone notice the void? if no one notices, is it a void at all? no one hears my screams sees my tears feels my pain no one wants to save me help me they only torture and kill me with venomous words and blank stares i see you, do you see me? i see how you look at me like i am a freak like i am to blame like i am the guilty one i see it, and i wish i never had i wish this ddin't happen i hope it will end soon i can't go back i can't more forward quick sand is my life stuck wounded unable to nourish myself unable to heal unable to move here i am! do you see me? hear me? feel me? care for me? i don't think you do i don't think you want to i think you wish me dead away from you invisible i want that too more than you more than i even know it's with me all the time that wish that hope that prayer for sleep over wake for death over life it lives inside my mind, my heart, my soul Tell them Let it drip, let it flow let it spill, pour, drain out of me. Let me bleed until I am empty until there's nothing left to give. Write my story in pain, and blood; tell it well. Tell them how you found me, how pale and snowy white. Tell them how at peace I looked, tell them I am happy now. Don't cry or grieve. I had already ceases to exist, I had already died inside, I was already gone. Maybe you didn't notice, maybe you just ignored the signs. Perhaps you didn't care enough; or cared too much, you were blind to it, to me, to my pain, to my screams of red. Let my blood read tears, and screams of pain, or exhausteion, or anger and rage. Let it tell the story of how i was too weak, of how I couldn't go on. Let it tell them I was lost, let it say how I was lonely, alone, solitary, confined by my own emotion, torn by my own hand. Tell them this is what I wanted. Let my heart go. No tears, no pain, no rage where I am now. Don't you know I was empty? The blood emptied my body, as my heart was emptied by life. This life was not for me, it wasn't meant to be. I wasn't free here. I was a prisoner of my own head. Now I can soar, I see you, I can see you looking at my body; at my blood- holding me close, warmed by my newly drained blood. You touch your face, and your tears mix with my blood. Ghost of a Girl I am a ghost of a girl you look through me, instead of at me you see what's on the OTHER side, instead of what's INside. I am a ghost of a girl, looking in on what I should be living analyzing the world, instead of embracing it. My hot breath on the window pane red elbows on the sill chin in my clammy plams painting pictures in the fog, hearts, stars and rainbows of a childhood missed. I am a ghost behind glass, a GHOST of a girl. |
I think these are all amazing. I especially love the first one and the last one because they both express exactly how I feel. I think you can no longer say you are not a poet!
|
Thanks for reading...it's nice to know that someone can relate. I get really shy about putting my poems out there, ya know.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:16 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.