![]() |
I'm sick.
I'm sick.
What more can i say? Its not the flu, or a cold. Its anemia. You may not know what that is. Its a disease. A disease that never goes away. Its a blood disease. Your blood doesn't have enough iron. How could I have a disease. Me! Its such a painful disease. Its more mental than physical. Yes, i have the cracks in the corners of my mouth, that look like herpes! Yes, i have the fatigue, and horrible PMS. Yes, i have insomnia and fainting. I have the numbness in my legs, and the pale skin. But nothing is like the depression. Its so painful. I sit all night crying. I stopped cutting over a year ago. Yes, i have slipped. but nothing like this. I don't want to do anything. I stay home alone, instead of hanging out with my friends. Just the concept of being sick tears me apart. I will be sick forever. Forever! My mom has cancer, my dad is half deaf. Now i'm sick. Could anything more go wrong? |
sorry to hear that hun. not much advice but *big hugs*
I take it your on iron supplements to help the anemia and it sounds like you have it fairly seriously. sorry hun. PM me anytime |
what sort of anemia?
Iron deficeincy can be helped with supplements. Which is the one that causes the pain?? is it sickle cell or pernicous?? |
Depends on what kind of anemia you're talking about.
Iron deficiency anemia is treatable with iron supplements...you'll likely have to watch yourself for pretty much the rest of your life, but it's treatable. If you're talking about aplastic anemia (the life-threatening kind, which usually requires a lot of intense treatment), I'm so sorry. In young people, it can be treated, however it's pretty intense. Hemolytic anemia, although not as dangerous, is chronic. However, it can be managed and people who have it can live a fairly normal life. Either way, I hope things work out for you, and you're feeling better soon. And you likely will. Feel free to PM me anytime. |
We haven't gotten the results back from the doctor, should get them by tomorrow.
But because im a vegetarian anemia is very common. Just 2 hours ago, the cracks in the corner of my mouth got so bad i couldn't open my mouth. I called my doctor & he said it was an infection. Its going out of control. Thanks for everyones support, I really need it. |
Hope I didn't scare you with all the medical stuff in my last reply.
It's much, MUCH more likely that you have iron deficiency anemia, rather than any of the life-threatening or chonic kinds. Anyway, I hope your infection clears up soon. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way - I hope everything turns out. |
hey hun... how is everything?
|
what type of anemia is it?
If it's the general kind iron suplement and diet can pritty much fix it. if sipple cell anemia (can't spelll it...) though I'm not so sure... but there is always hope, wait until your doctor gets back to you before deciding it's hope;ess please. take care *hug* |
They say its just an iron defficiency anemia.
I know its not that bad. But still the realization that I will have this FOREVER. I just keep repeating "i'm sick" I still cant grasp the idea. Thanks for all your support everyone. |
I don't know if that's true. I had it at one point and don't anymore. You take iron pills and the symptoms go away...
|
I know how shocking it is to know you will have to deal with something for the rest of your life. A few months ago I found out I have a bad kidney and that I will always have to watch myself forever because I easy get kidney stones and infections. It does get better once you learn to manage a disease, and it becomes part of your daily routine once you get everything under control and find out what is going to work to keep you healthy.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:34 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.