RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   honey (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36073)

xXdrunk on shadowsXx 18-02-2008 08:12 PM

honey
 
Can vegans eat honey? :tongue2:

Acephalous 18-02-2008 08:18 PM

Well, do you drink milk?

Heidi Tiger 18-02-2008 08:23 PM

strict vegans wont eat honey as it is an animal product.

xXdrunk on shadowsXx 18-02-2008 08:25 PM

^ but the honey doesn't come from bees. It comes from flowers...

and yeah i do drink milk but I'm not vegan

Aidee 18-02-2008 08:30 PM

The majority of vegans still won't eat honey since it is considered an animal by product. If you could just take the pollen off a flower and use that, it wouldn't be an issue. However, bees spend lots and time and energy making honey, which means it's off limits for most vegans.

LadyMacbeth 18-02-2008 08:48 PM

Poor vegans.
Nice honey.
I would vote no as well though.

AbandonedPixie 18-02-2008 10:07 PM

Ew honey...

I wouldn't've thought Vegans would eat it.

x-dying-inside-x 18-02-2008 11:05 PM

they dont know what there missing lol

Pyro 19-02-2008 01:07 AM

maybe vegans should make synthetic honey, then they can eat it. there is a challenge to all vegans.

random.swirls 19-02-2008 08:55 AM

I love honey but I also think that vegans wouldnt be able to eat it.

Alcohol Induced Altruism 19-02-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro (Post 565831)
maybe vegans should make synthetic honey, then they can eat it. there is a challenge to all vegans.

I actually think they have one.

Vegans don't eat honey, or for that matter any other insect/bug/whatever-produce like beeswax and shellac.

[Related Link]

If a product is labeled as "Vegan" it wont contain honey.

*shh's*

((deleted)) 19-02-2008 03:07 PM

Synthetic honey already exists...it's called golden syrup

Snow White. 20-02-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Aidey~ (Post 564886)
The majority of vegans still won't eat honey since it is considered an animal by product. If you could just take the pollen off a flower and use that, it wouldn't be an issue. However, bees spend lots and time and energy making honey, which means it's off limits for most vegans.


Awh that makes me feel all sad that when you're eating honey you're eating bee's hard work
:hehe:

random.swirls 20-02-2008 07:48 AM

Isnt honey bee poop or something equally disgusting!!

liquidzilla 20-02-2008 09:58 AM

Aww, poor bee's :( Glad I dont really eat the stuff >>;
No, vegan's shouldnt eat honey, but as RKW said golden syrups always there!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.