![]() |
veterans chat
can we get a vets chat room ? the chat rooms are nice but sometimes if the chat gets a little firlty or fun i feel kinda wrong 10 mins down the line chatting to a 15yr old or a room full of young uns (pls dont think im trying to be sleazy or make it a dating chat or anything like that), nothing wrong with helping or being nice to the yougnster or just generaly chatting but id quite like a a vets chat area if poss???
dont if any one else feels the same ????? (watch me get shot down in flames ... lol) |
There was one ages ago but it didnt really work at all
|
how come? do you get what im saying in post or is it just me?
|
No I get it but other members of the site felt we where being rude then people started to come in and 'troll' so vets just stopped going. It is a great idea but previous experience tells me that it will not work.
|
Usually as well there is not much use of it because there are not that many vets that use the chat rooms really. It was a good idea, it just didn't work in practice! x
|
If we could think of a way to make it work, I would be more then happy to be the mod for the room. I mean, vets is my RYL hang out. And I think, we have many many more vets then we had before, which could give a bit more potential, but yeah.
Discuss it at more length, and I will see if it is worth me persuing further or not. |
YES!!! I was delighted to have the beautiful Rompy in chat the other day!
MORE VETS TO CHAT!!! |
there are some peole here that arnt teeny boopers (omg i sound lke dad) thank god for that , ok u guys seam to know more about this thtn me how do we generate interest?
|
we had a vets chat before... none of the vets used it which was very disapointing.
Dont know how you would stop non vets using it but still be able to have noobs in... sorry if i dont not make sense. Pedro i have only seen you in chat recently and since chat is broke you cant change rooms, normally people are separated into a few rooms. pointless reply jane |
What's up with chat being broke? Can it be fixed.
I hear you Pedro. i'm fine helping out teens. I won't flirt with them, made a bit of a mistake once, ended up reminding the other person that I'm 3 times their age. Oh, do I feel old now. *Runs away to look for grey in hair* |
it will be fixed ASAP
|
im kinda newbie dev , thought i was fixed but you cant fix a broken toy ! atleast we got some support
|
New chat coming very soon, very soon - I'll be letting Erin test it out tomorrow night in fact and so long as she and the other Mods and happy with things we can say bye bye to this godawful flashchat forever!
I always thought it was a great pity Vets chat didn't work - but put it partly down to us not having a really proper chat system that was simple and usable and that worked for everyone. Once we do, we might consider revisiting the idea Harley |
I did get all excited when I saw the thread 'cause I thought there was a new room, so I'd definitely be up for a vets room. I don't know how you'd 'police' it though. Maybe we could just all talk about mortgages and scare the young 'uns off :-)
I generally don't go in chat because the last time I did there were a few bad eggs being really harsh to another user, generally being obnoxious and doing tonnes of unnecessary swearing (like just for the sake of it and to p*ss ppl off) so that put me off quite a lot. I think a Vets chatroom would be great though, we're all lovely and of course would never be immature or anything ;-) |
I think vets chat would be a great idea and I'd definately use it. I've been in chat a couple of times but would use it more if us 'old folk' had our own room. I only really lurk in vets corner anyway, its not that I have anything against the younger generation and I'll try n help em out where n when I can...but...well...you know what I mean?
|
Quote:
:hop: |
*can't wait for new chat*
a vets chat would be a good idea, but to be honest we kinda seperate o finto different rooms anyway when chat wasn't broke, and i think it is nice sometimes to talk to the younger peeps, and to help them with our aged wisdom lol! hope that makes sense!! |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:26 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.