RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Blood out of carpet? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31476)

Pomegranate 17-01-2008 10:16 AM

Blood out of carpet?
 
Hi guys, sorry to bother you with another thread.

How do you get blood out of/off of a carpet? (I'm a student so cheapest way possible would be good!)

Thanks xx

Nonny 17-01-2008 03:40 PM

Water, then put some regular salt on it, rub it in and wahs it out (that's what the paramedics suggested I did for mine, worked a treat)

Voldemort 17-01-2008 04:38 PM

Ewww. How did you get blood on your carpet? Omggg, that's like, disgusting...

Ok, I'm joking. I actually have no idea though. Buttt, I've heard that salt water does work, so maybe try that?

Bitter_Angel 17-01-2008 09:32 PM

when its still damp baby wipes work really well. better than bleach wipes lol. good if your hurry.

sparklyshoes 18-01-2008 01:41 PM

vanish is fantastic at getting blood out. (Im not gross, sometimes Id get it on my tabard at work) comes straights out if you use the liquid x

Kangaroo 19-01-2008 12:49 AM

Vanish could bleach the carpet unless you use one with colour protect. You dont really want a pale patch on it. I just used carpet shampoo when trying to clean up mine. It didnt work very well though, but i had left it rather a while before cleaning it up.

I hope you manage to get it off. If not, cover it with a rug for the time being.

Pomegranate 20-01-2008 10:08 PM

Thanks :) It's mostly come off when I scrubbed it with cold water and a bit of salt rubbed in. Just didn't fancy explaining it to the uni cleaner on Monday ;)

Hope_Forever 20-01-2008 11:18 PM

I found this, I hope it helps you
Removing Blood Stains from Carpets

The following is a step by step process that is very effective for removing blood stains from carpets.
  1. Blot with an absorbent cloth being very careful not to spread the stain.
  2. Place a small amount of a mild detergent on the stain and work it in with a brush starting from the outside and working inward.
  3. Blot again with a clean white cloth.
  4. Place a small amount of ammonia and let it sit for a few minutes to break down the stain. Spittle is also recommended here, and can be used in the place of ammonia.
  5. Blot again with a dry, clean, white cloth
  6. Repeat again starting from the step 2.
  7. Rinse with clean water.
  8. Blot a final time, and the stain should be gone.
There are a couple of other items that can be worked into this procedure that are effective. Salt can be spread over the stain before beginning to adsorb some of the blood. A biological enzyme can be used. This should be followed by using a carpet cleaner with a solution of water and fabric softener. Also, as with clothing, hydrogen peroxide will work well, but will remove the color along with the stain, and should be avoided.

Pomegranate 21-01-2008 12:38 PM

Ok....apparently I did not do a good enough job. My cleaner just brought round the accommodation supervisor and demanded to know what had happenned (apparently she came in on friday when I was out?) and told me I have to clear out my room so they can do a full carpet clean thing since there are still marks which they can see :( :( CRAP.

Mandimoo 21-01-2008 04:41 PM

the only problem with cleaning a patch of carpet is that the rest of it usually looks dirty in comparison.

tell her a friend went into labour?

you tripped over, you had a nosebleed...

anything?
mand x

Pomegranate 21-01-2008 05:02 PM

Thanks Mand, I told her I did not know what it was and that maybe it was red wine I spilled a couple of weeks ago (I know, I know crap excuse but it is a horrible dark carpet so you can't tell exactly what it is and was the first excuse which came to me). It's just annnnnooyyiiing *does whiney voice* cos now I have to clear EVERYTHING OUT because they want to move furniture and do a full clean of the carpet. I mean FFS they are just using this as an excuse to do the work they did not get round to doing over XMAS, the only mark left is TINY like seriously TINY. Tossers. :(

Rant over, sorry bad day, but thanks for the replies :)

Mandimoo 23-01-2008 04:29 PM

at least it will smell nice afterwards! it should be less dusty too (for a while anyway). maybe buy yourself a cheap/secondhand vax (carpet shampoo-er) that you can whip out if needed. mand x

sparklyshoes 24-01-2008 02:29 PM

My god it sounds like they are being ridiculous about this! I think you should clear the room then fill it with fish *nods* I wont tell you what I think of them but it starts in W and ends in ERS!!!!!

Alyssa! 27-01-2008 12:54 PM

They're flipping out just a tad much. It's really none of their concern (in my opinion) what's on your rug as long as you take responsibility for removing the stain. As an aside, peroxide works magic on carpets...it's crazy how good it does. It'll lift the blood right out of carpet.

MarjorieM 17-07-2018 01:53 PM

Some advice
 
Do you have a light tone of carpet? And it would be useful to know the material of the product. The fact is that I know the best canister vacuum for pet hair on carpet and can cope with any dirt and dust on the carpets. However, the blood spots on carpet is an interesting question. I tried the various ways, but it's still a complicated process. I really want to know practical advice.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.