RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I'm seriously peeved. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30934)

Stellata 13-01-2008 10:26 AM

I'm seriously peeved.
 
Our fridge/freezer has broken. Is freezing everything and made this horrendous noise.
So my flatmate turned it off.

She's put all their frozen stuff in the small spare freezer.

But has left all my stuff still in the turned off appliance.

I only did my shopping on Friday, so there's quite a lot.

I'm peeved, annoyed. etc.

They might have, like, made a small corner for me. At least. But no.

Maybe I'm just imagining they're being selfish. After all it's not my flat. But still it doesn't seem fair.

Stellata 13-01-2008 12:27 PM

I don't exist, do I?

crazykat 13-01-2008 12:35 PM

That sucks i hate when people are inconsiderate like that *hugs*

random.swirls 13-01-2008 01:37 PM

Oh Katie you do exist.

Can you move your stuff across now?

Big hugs

xoxox

Stellata 13-01-2008 01:42 PM

Thanks..

Thing is, there's no room in this spare freezer for any of my things. Not even the nearly finished bag of peas. Never mind everything else. [Linda McCartney pies, veggie kiev, smal tub icecream]

Stellata 13-01-2008 02:47 PM

22nd the new one is supposed to be delivered.

How long does food keep in a freezer once it is switched off?

sparklyshoes 13-01-2008 03:18 PM

Not very long, a couple of hours if your lucky! Well I think you should just eat their bloody food! It's not like they have been very considerate with you! x

Bleeding Angel 13-01-2008 03:49 PM

maybe tell them how you feel?

Stellata 13-01-2008 03:57 PM

Thanks Sharlie and Mari.

I ate more icecream than was good for me at lunch, trying to eat things up before they spoil.

There's no point telling them really. 'I feel really upset that you've taken care of your food but all mine's going to get ruined'.
They'd say there's nothing they can do.
That they have to freeze stuff because of the little one. And it's their freezer, the spare one. Not part of the flat.
Hard cheese basically.
Or runny icecream.
He told the people it was urgent, re delivery, but that's as far as I can expect, really.
What rights have I anyway?
It's my fault for buying loads of stuff on Friday. I should have known, right?

Linda Mc Cartney pie party anyone? I have 4.

Bleeding Angel 13-01-2008 04:19 PM

its one of thoes unfortante things that happens, its no ones falt, well cept the freezer deciding it doesnt want to live anymore :P

Voldemort 13-01-2008 04:25 PM

Can you ask a neighbour for freezer space?

I know when our freezer has broken/others have broken, we're willing take take some stuff.

Stellata 13-01-2008 04:34 PM

There's only the people upstairs, and I don't know them. We've only been here since the end of October.

Someone magic John Lewis to deliver the new one asap!

Becca 13-01-2008 05:21 PM

I had a similar problem last year when my kitchen tap exploded (no really it exploded, 11pm and knackered everything cos it took ages to locate how to turn the water off - under the stairs and round the corner and then pot luck which one) anyway took 10 days before I had cooking or fridge facilities again so I can sympathise.

As great as living off fast food can sometimes seem when you have no choice it really is the pits!

Do you have any friends with spare freezer space who live close by?

Stellata 13-01-2008 05:27 PM

Thanks Becca. :)

My nearest friend is 30 mins walk away!
My therapist lives 7 minutes away but I can hardly ask to use her freezer, lol!

Bleeding Angel 13-01-2008 05:45 PM

^^it would be a great conversation starter

Becca 13-01-2008 05:45 PM

Ah. Oh dear. Could make for interesting therapy if they did have your food! Can't think of any other suggestions!

Voldemort 13-01-2008 05:47 PM

You could go and ask upstairs. Really, I don't think they would be at all upset at it, and the worst they can say is no. To be honest, that isn't really a lot of food, so they could well have room for it.

If not, cook the pies, let them cool and put them in the freezer. It'll keep them cool and they'll last longer cooked. But, as soon as the freezer completely warms up, take them out and keep them in an airtight container. Same with the veggie kiev, cook it.

N.Bluth 13-01-2008 05:51 PM

We had a similar problem when I was sharing a house at uni. I was out when it broke and my flat mates stuffed all their food in to the teeny spare feezer leaving my stuff to spoil.... Until I got back and insisted that we decided to go through the food, pick out what would keep/ what we could eat up that day and put anything expensive/that was really needed back into the lil freezer. We all got space in the end and stuffed our selves stupid all day!!

Stellata 14-01-2008 08:44 AM

Thanks.

random.swirls 14-01-2008 02:55 PM

Just keep the door shut and if you can get it buy ice at the supermarket keep it in a bag type place and that should keep it cold


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.