RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Funeral for a Friend - sheffield octagon. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27680)

GlitterTrashDoll 16-12-2007 02:23 AM

Funeral for a Friend - sheffield octagon.
 
Idk if this is in the right thread :l

anyway..

right i were at college on thursday and my friend came up and demanded that i go see funeral for a friend with her even though i didnt have tickets. so after persuading me she rang up to see if there was tickets left and there was so we took 2 buses to the box office, got completely lost, asked a really hot irish guy for directions (!!! :]) and then we couldnt find our way in so i whacked my head on the door and some gothic kid let me in. :] so we got our tickets and took 2 buses back to college (for parents evening! :[) so i rushed through that and we got the 2 buses back to the arena and got there just on time to see Kids in Glass Houses who were excellent.

and we managed to get our way near the front and found someone who went to our college.

and y'know the music they play to keep people entertained?
well they played... Final Countdown and Ace of Spades which the whole crowd sang along too and when they played We are the champions no-one noticed Funeral for a friend come on stage, everyone just was singing we are the champions and the band just stood there like ":l". it was hilarious.

anyway the gig started i got stuck in the moshpit. and got elbowed in the ear (the one with the new peircing !!! :[ which hurt) and then i got pushed to the very front so i was jammed against the barrier which was excellent, except there was some emo kid in front of me who was hugging herself and looked like she was about it cry which annoyed me cuz she kept giving me dirty looks for no reason.

anyway the bassist threw his water bottle into the crowd and i put my hand up and without even trying i caught it. which i was proud of. cuz he had drank out of it and very kindly put the lid back on! so that went in my bag. And i was right infront of him so he gave he a cheesy smile which i greatly returned.

Then they played White stripes, seven nation army which confused me greatly. :l haha.

At this point i was tempted to throw my scarf to the bassist but then i realised i would be cold when i went outside so i didnt. But i looked down and realised i had dropped it somewhere and felt it on the floor so i stood on it so i didnt loose it.

Then some random small guy put his arms around me and my mates and started sticking his tounge out while head banging which was scary. and then this other guy was jumping up and down next to me which caused his penis to rub against my leg. but thats okay cuz he was hot. >.< ahha.

Oh and they did quotes from the Mighty Boosh! ;o


Anyway after the gig my ears were completely f*cked and i couldnt hear anything until today (sat) and i slept like all friday evening. haha (5pm onwards)

overall F*cking amazing. :] I officially love Gareth Davies (bassiest) His water bottle is next to my bed now. >.< ahah.

Oh and i basically kissed him cuz as soon as he drank out of it he threw it and i drank a litlle bit straight away. haaa. :]



i love those guys even more now.
yupyup.

princesskaytie-leigh 16-12-2007 10:11 PM

We went to see them in Middlesbrough on friday and they quoted the boosh and came on to We Are The Champions aswell.

Dicky T 16-12-2007 11:25 PM

*Doesn't like Funeral For A Friend...at all!*

Dicky!

Kangaroo 16-12-2007 11:30 PM

sounds like a good gig then

princesskaytie-leigh 17-12-2007 12:02 AM

It was okay. I'm not too fussed on them really, but it's the 2nd time I've seen them and they were good.

uffie. 17-12-2007 01:17 AM

I saw them recently too. it was really fun, even though they're far from one of my favourite bands.
I would of liked to see them play Seven Nation Army though. I love that song.

GlitterTrashDoll 17-12-2007 10:11 PM

There not one of my favourite bands. but they were excellent.
Ive only just recovered. It was my 2nd time seeing them too.
I would DEFINATLY go again. :]

Jukebox 18-12-2007 01:32 PM

I saw them at the Birmingham Barfly in October. Was a really really good gig, and it was at my favourite venue too.

Douglass 19-12-2007 01:09 PM

at Sheffield Oct did you see a stupidly tall and bulky bloke covered in tattoos looking like he wanted to kill everyone there and go home?

GlitterTrashDoll 19-12-2007 06:59 PM

Yus.
i think.
I was to busy wandering why a guy was rubbing his penis against my leg though.

Steel Magnolia 19-12-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll (Post 430467)
Yus.
i think.
I was to busy wandering why a guy was rubbing his penis against my leg though.

Lol... That happens a lot to me at gigs...

GlitterTrashDoll 19-12-2007 07:12 PM

Lol i wasnt complaining.
He was rather hot.

He was on the same bus as us going to the gig, and me and my friend were perving on him and he kept checking himself out in the window.
It was quite adorable.

Douglass 19-12-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll (Post 430467)
Yus.
i think.
I was to busy wandering why a guy was rubbing his penis against my leg though.

lol well the pissed off dude would be my boyfriend's best mate. he got dragged to the gig by his fiancee. I was wanting to go but I already promised my bfs other mate we would go see black Dhalia murder with him at the corporation on the same night.

revenge 20-12-2007 08:41 AM

im going to see funeral for a friend tonight in liverpool! =]
*hopes they do mighty boosh quotes tonight* =P

xx

GlitterTrashDoll 20-12-2007 01:12 PM

Haha fair enough.
'twas a excellent gig though. :]

Ash* 21-12-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revenge (Post 431300)
im going to see funeral for a friend tonight in liverpool! =]
*hopes they do mighty boosh quotes tonight* =P

xx

I went to see them in Liverpool last night too

:thumbup:

good times!

Psiren 21-12-2007 10:06 PM

I saw them in Warrington on the 19th :D
They did pretty much the same as they did in Sheffield.
I was against the barrier though and my ribs are still sore
I <3 Gareth so so much. I am jealous

GlitterTrashDoll 23-12-2007 02:21 AM

Ive only just recovered! :]
ahah. so worth it though.

The water bottle is now a shrine in my room.
aha.

Queer Fringe 23-12-2007 09:30 PM

I went to see Funeral For A Friend on the 8th December, I just got there in time for Kids In Glass Houses and they were excellent especially when they played "Me Me Me" FFAF rocked! Matt Davies waved at me, I nearly fainted...best night of my life! and I had school the next day, p.e first thing!
randomness lol
xx

GlitterTrashDoll 24-12-2007 12:33 AM

haha i had to get to college for 8:45 the next day.
I was literally dying and couldnt hear a thing.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.