RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Not receiving pm notifications (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264658)

not_so_insig 12-02-2024 07:02 AM

Not receiving pm notifications
 
For the last two pms I have received I haven't received any email notification that I have got a pm. I have checked my spam box on my email account and my email address hasn't changed at all. I have double checked and it's correct on my profile. I have also double checked that I have email notifications enabled.

Is anyone else having the same problem or is it me? I find getting pms stressful anyway but unexpected ones are even worse.

Auror. 12-02-2024 05:32 PM

we only get the emails sporadically for some reason. unsure why, but it is not just you.

not_so_insig 12-02-2024 05:54 PM

Thanks Camden.

Ophiuchus 13-02-2024 12:59 AM

+1 for not getting notifications by email.

Pi.R^2 14-02-2024 12:41 AM

Oh yeah, just clocked that this is a thing for me too! When I changed my email address to my current I started getting PM notifications (obvs) but now I think about it, I haven’t had one for a while but I’ve certainly had PMs*. RYL is so very fickle.

*note- almost exclusively responses to Modly PMs, I’m not super-popular :P

Auror. 14-02-2024 01:39 AM

jenna, we did not get an email for the PM you sent us today

however the other day you sent us 2 PMs. we got an email for one of them.

hence sporadic lol.

Zippit 14-02-2024 01:40 PM

Not getting any either.

Auror. 15-02-2024 07:30 PM

also dawn, you can turn PMs off if you find them stressful.

not_so_insig 22-02-2024 11:36 AM

I have it set up so that only people on my buddy list and Jenna can pm me.

Anyway today is my birthday and normally I get an email wishing me a happy birthday. I got none. Also my sponsorship is up for renewal soon and normally I get an email before to remind me I suspect I will get none.

Pi.R^2 22-02-2024 12:21 PM

I mean this begs the question as to why I'm not on your buddy list :crying:

Pi.R^2 22-02-2024 12:25 PM

Also I have just rectified the birthday email situation by sending you one from the mod account all in caps with a picture of a goat for no reason. You're welcome.

not_so_insig 22-02-2024 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 4377964)
Also I have just rectified the birthday email situation by sending you one from the mod account all in caps with a picture of a goat for no reason. You're welcome.

Yes I received it thanks xxx

one_step_closer 24-02-2024 04:45 PM

I would also like that special birthday service this year, Jenna!

not_so_insig 01-03-2024 12:45 PM

As predicted I didn't receive any notification that my sponsorship was up for renewal. Fortunately I remembered when the payment was due to go out.

not_so_insig 02-03-2024 02:36 PM

It's taken my payment for the sponsorship but I have noticed that i am no longer a sponsor. It's also taken the extra pm box storage away too :-(

Not your fault Jenna and I doubt that you can do anything about it. I have now stopped the automatic payment on PayPal and fortunately it was only £10 I lost but still it's the principle.

Pi.R^2 03-03-2024 12:18 AM

There was a discussion that you were part of where I advised against sponsorship so it really was your choice to continuing paying when no one could verify where the money was going.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.