RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Struggling (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263658)

ChaoticDoll 14-10-2022 05:50 AM

Struggling
 
Hi everyone. I'm ChaoticDoll. I'm really struggling tonight. I am trying to be positive and not SH but its hard. It's been 2 years since my last SH I don't want all of that to be for nothing...
I am just really struggling.

one_step_closer 14-10-2022 02:21 PM

I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time. Well done with being SH free for soo long, that shows strength and the ability to continue with your recovery. I understand it can be difficult not to self harm when you're struggling, what safe things have you used before? Do you want to talk more about what is causing your current struggle? You can get through this.

maii 14-10-2022 04:07 PM

Yes, well done with your recovery. Are you feeling any better today?

ChaoticDoll 15-10-2022 09:15 PM

I ended up relapsing on self harm that night. I had to go get stitches. It's been really hard.

one_step_closer 16-10-2022 02:26 PM

I'm sorry things are still so difficult. Relapsing once after 2 years is still ok, you've been free for so long and can get back to that if you want. 1 day out of 2 and a bit years is not a huge deal even if it feels like it. What led to you self harming? Do you have any professional support?

maii 16-10-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticDoll (Post 4334246)
I don't want all of that to be for nothing...
I am just really struggling.


Relapses and setback do suck, but (they) in no way remove how far you've come in your recovery. Pick yourself up and continue and today is the first day (you know). Yesterday is over with so don't think about it (they past).

I've had stitches but I'm not allowed to describe because its against the rule and would help you, but they did heal and with coco butter cream, people would have to be looking - and it they are looking *that* hard than I also expect a tickle ;-)


Kidding of course, but trying to perk you up.



I hope things improve and what lead you to feel that urge you and your therapist can work on that.



I'm also struggling with various issues at the moment so I know its hard when other things (situational stressors) can influence what we're already dealing with ... as if its not hard enough to try to keep things together.



I hope you feel better.



**hug**


Trish


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.