RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SOMEONE FlX MY LAPTOP PLZ (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263518)

Pi.R^2 16-08-2022 05:27 PM

SOMEONE FlX MY LAPTOP PLZ
 
When I press Alt+S it brings up the magnifier instead of submitting posts and I find this irritating. I did actually try googling but got bored of trying to decipher the answers. Does anyone know what to do???????

Elmer 16-08-2022 06:24 PM

Is it your laptop or is it a Windows update that doesn’t work with RYL in its decrepitude?

Alternatively, have you tried turning it off and on again?

Elmer 16-08-2022 06:40 PM

I've never used Alt+S, I'll try it.


Nope, it opens my search history (on Firefox with Windows 11)

The Worst Witch 16-08-2022 10:20 PM

What kind of laptop do you have and what operating system? Windows, Google or Apple Mac?

Pi.R^2 17-08-2022 06:32 PM

I have a Lenovo and it's Windows.

Lio, admittedly I've not tried turning it off and on again as the number of tabs I keep open makes that an always problematic option. I will try it though!

Pi.R^2 17-08-2022 06:33 PM

Oh. So Alt+S just worked there. Either yesterday was a day in honour of magnification or I made up the whole thing. *shrugs*
Thank you for the emotional and practical support offered in this thread.

Auror. 17-08-2022 06:46 PM

Glad it is sorted! Also re tabs have you considered bookmarking some of them?

The Worst Witch 18-08-2022 12:27 AM

If it happens again, try clearing your cache and cookies (if you don’t know how, turning it on and off again is a crude way of doing so). If that doesn’t sort it, try restoring your laptop to a previous point where the function you want worked by selecting a back up file. This should be in the windows explorer wndow but its been ages since I used windows because it sucks!

Pi.R^2 22-08-2022 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auror. (Post 4330676)
Glad it is sorted! Also re tabs have you considered bookmarking some of them?

Lio tried to make suggestions like this via message and my response to both of you is what about the 85 other windows and applications I have open????? (Yes, I have a problem :P)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Worst Witch (Post 4330692)
If it happens again, try clearing your cache and cookies (if you don’t know how, turning it on and off again is a crude way of doing so). If that doesn’t sort it, try restoring your laptop to a previous point where the function you want worked by selecting a back up file. This should be in the windows explorer wndow but its been ages since I used windows because it sucks!

Good plan, I shall bear this in mind!

Elmer 22-08-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 4331051)
Lio tried to make suggestions like this via message and my response to both of you is what about the 85 other windows and applications I have open????? (Yes, I have a problem :P)


And here I was thinking you were just ignoring me.

Auror. 22-08-2022 08:33 PM

I am horrified on your behalf.

hundal 20-10-2022 09:20 AM

Try clearing your cache and cookies if it occurs again; if you don't know how, turning it on and off again is a clumsy workaround. If it doesn't fix anything, try choosing a backup file to reset your laptop to an earlier time when the desired function functioned.

maii 20-10-2022 06:41 PM

One thing I DO recommend to windows users (I use both Windows and Linux) it to locate (search [mrt] (malicious software removal tool) with administrator privileges and if you have the time, run the full scan (can take hours) ... but the quick scan is also good to run once and while in addition to Windows Defender. If trouble persists, I would also reset the firewall. Windows is; was, and always will be touchy. But, of course, compatibility issues keep us coming back.



Looks like you're all good so glad to hear it :)

Cacoethes 20-10-2022 07:06 PM

Closing due to age.
Pi.R^2, please pm if you would like the thread reopened at any point :)

Unbreakable. 20-10-2022 08:01 PM

I love you

Elmer 20-10-2022 08:05 PM

Pahaha

Cacoethes 20-10-2022 08:18 PM

Ngl, slightly concerned I'm gonna get a(nother) sternly worded PM from Jenna for impersonating a mod or something

Elmer 20-10-2022 09:00 PM

*reports*

Beckie, how could you?

Cacoethes 20-10-2022 09:02 PM

Hey! You laughed! That means you're on my side!
*reports for reporting*

Elmer 20-10-2022 09:09 PM

Alas! A report war!

(sorry Jenna)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.