RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sweet suggestions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262577)

not_so_insig 15-09-2021 10:53 PM

Sweet suggestions
 
I am after sweet suggestions for my happy box. I used to have seaside rock but am finding that it's turning into a mush. So I am after suggestions. To give you some idea I have replaced them currently with Haribo Starmix and Haribo Tangfastics.

My criteria is this

- have a long shelf life
- easily available either online or from Tesco's/major chains (I dont have access to a Waitrose however)
- not excessively salty (for example I don't like salted caramel)
- not horrendously expensive (preferably no more than £3 each)

I dont have any allergies or dietary requirements that I know of.

So yep fire away!

one_step_closer 16-09-2021 02:14 PM

Some kind of M&Ms (I prefer the crispy ones) or Minstrels.

nonperson 16-09-2021 06:41 PM

Sherbet lemons.

Or even better, rhubarb and custards (the hard sweets, not these strange Haribo things that have appeared on my google search...)

Not sure how long they last though, should be fine in small sealed airtight bags.

not_so_insig 16-09-2021 09:57 PM

Thanks you two for the suggestions. I havent had any of them for years and I remember liking them.

Keep them coming!

nonperson 16-09-2021 10:47 PM

Lindor =)

one_step_closer 17-09-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonperson (Post 4309752)
Lindor =)

This is what I was thinking of last night, the ball ones, they are very indulgent chocolates. Not sure if they're in your price range though. I think you can get small bars cheaper.

nonperson 17-09-2021 01:15 PM

At Christmas they often do small gift boxes for a couple of quid.

not_so_insig 26-09-2021 08:09 PM

I have added some sweets to my tesco order including rhubarb and custards. But any further suggestions are welcome.

I forgot to say that I dont really like toffees or éclairs.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.