RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   help please!! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26008)

squirrelspit 01-12-2007 12:04 AM

help please!!
 
My Norton anti virus runs out in 10 days and to renew it apparently i have to pay actual money.
I cant afford that!
so.. what anti virus whats it is good and is free?

ta!

fairytale dreamer 01-12-2007 12:10 AM

You're probably best just to pay that little bit more and get a good virus protection, like Norton.

PC World sometimes sell it cheaper, also Costco if you have them where you live (but you have to be a member to buy things there).

IceBreak 01-12-2007 12:15 AM

look up anti-vir on the net and download that its free, its wot my brother reccomended me to use and its quite good :-) He knows wot hes talkin bout cos he did computin at uni!

Queen Crabbit 01-12-2007 12:43 AM

AVG mate.
(Y)

ceiron 01-12-2007 01:19 AM

avg or avast.

both are free and as good as any paid programs.

norton is crap too.

Kangaroo 01-12-2007 07:18 PM

Norton is crap. ask someone in a computer shop what they recommend.

privileged-outcast 01-12-2007 07:32 PM

Norton is a bit bob to be honest.
i use AVG. it updates a lot though. i use AVG for viruses and then Zone Alarm too. both are free.

take care
stay safe

gypsyroselee 02-12-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Crabbit (Post 397409)
AVG mate.
(Y)


Fightstarter_Karaoke 02-12-2007 01:19 AM

All comercial anti-viruses are rubbish. They only work against 30% of viruses ( a university lecturer told me this), and they cause more problems than they solve.
Personally, I do just fine with Zonealarm. Sure it's just as ineffective, but it doesn't destroy my system like Norton did.

x-dying-inside-x 02-12-2007 01:31 AM

norton is a load of crap.

rm42 02-12-2007 03:27 AM

ZoneAlarm is nice.

I use Avast too. used AVG in the past; it worked fine also.

RM42

II_infinitum 02-12-2007 03:43 AM

I haven't used it myself as I'm a mac user, but I've heard good things about Clamwin. It's a GPL antivirus.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.