RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Do I have schizoid personality disorder? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247916)

Stephkrebs12 15-04-2018 09:41 AM

Do I have schizoid personality disorder?
 
Hi everyone, so as you can see by the title I’m pretty convinced I may have schizoid personality disorder. I have difficulty forming relationships with others and the relationships I do have I feel indifferent towards. I would honestly not even care if I never spoke to or saw anyone I know ever again. It kinda scares me that I feel that way, I’m never the one to really initiate interaction with others. I feel content just being in my room by myself and whenever my mom walks in my room I like can’t wait for her to get out, I also feel like I lose interest very easily I could be watching a video or reading a book and I usually just stop simply because I get bored, I also daydream a lot and zone out way more than id like to admit. Lack of emotion is another big thing that I struggle with, I never get super excited for things that I probably should be. For example I found out my sister just got engaged and instead of squealing with happiness for her I just said congratulations with probably the most fake happy sounding voice but she couldn’t tell that I wasn’t as happy for her as I should be. Anyways thanks for reading. If you know what may be wrong with me let me know.

nonperson 15-04-2018 09:52 AM

Unfortunately we can't make diagnoses - the only way you'll find out is if you go to your doctor.

Do you think having a diagnosis would be helpful?

You've clearly got concerns though so just say everything you've said above to your GP, or write everything down, and they'll take it from there. =)

Stephkrebs12 15-04-2018 09:59 AM

Yea I feel like it’ll help to put a name on what I’m experiencing. Thanks for replying

nonperson 15-04-2018 10:21 AM

No problem. I hope you decide to get some answers.

Dataunit 04-05-2018 07:37 PM

I have Asperger's syndrome, and I can relate to much of what you said - especially the bit about needing time alone. The difference between AS and SPD is that the former starts during early childhood. But there's plenty of other differential diagnoses for symptoms like yours, including attention deficit disorder, depersonalisation, derealisation and schizotypal PD. Even depression can cause social withdrawal.

Like nonperson said, we can't diagnose you. You're best off seeing a doctor.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.