RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Money (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242610)

Fire Fly 01-10-2016 11:30 AM

Money
 
I'm really struggling with money at the moment. I work
Full time but since august occy health have said I'm unfit for work and only got paid statutory sick pay so about £315 pm. But I can't afford to live like this. What can I do to get more money. I can't afford my share of he rent.

I don't know when occupational health will deem me as fit for work again. They are saying when I get reviewed by my consultant. Which isn't for another ten days and then when the communicate back to occy health. So I don't know when I will likely be going back.

I get dla that doesn't finish until 2018 so lucky in that aspect as I know I get more money than I would on pip. But what else am I entitled to?

I'm scared that all this money issues is making my mood worse.

Thanks a lot.

Aubergine 01-10-2016 12:35 PM

If you're just on SSP you should qualify for housing benefit. It's worth investigating. In my county you have to apply for everything online, so if you go on you council website there may be something to help you. If not, go to the your area's council building and ask for their help. I hope you figure something out.

Fire Fly 01-10-2016 01:56 PM

Would I be entitled to housing benefit if my partner is getting student bursary plus dla as well. Because his income totals up to a lot. However as we're living together it gets combined?

Wonderland. 01-10-2016 02:05 PM

A benefit calculator may help figure out what you are entitled to in your current situation. There is one on the benefits website.

Or speaking to somewhere like Citizens Advice, as they should put you in the picture of what you can get.

Ballerina123 01-10-2016 04:06 PM

Citizens advice is a good place to start.

Also speak to your mental health team as they should have a welfair officer who can her you see what you're entitled too.

Look at the housing benifit calculator online too.

There is also the option of contacting a dept management company. They are free and can give advice on Benifits and entitlement even if you don't have dept and are very good at sign posting if they feel they can't help.

Get on it as soon as you can though to avoid arrears.

The Worst Witch 01-10-2016 05:20 PM

If your partner is a student, you're not entitled to housing benefit. Also, I'm assuming you don't pay council tax for this reason?

The CAB is a good place to start. Depending on how long you've not been working for (they cap it at 6 months) you might be entitled to working tax credit at the 16 hour rate, but I think thats all you're now entitled to (but do be aware its been a few years since I worked for the CAB so I still think its worth a visit).

Aubergine 01-10-2016 09:28 PM

If you and your partner are on higher rates of DLA, you would possibly qualiify for housing benefit, even though a student. The DLA income won't be counted as income, but your partners bursary would probably be, so you might not get a high amount. Worth talking to the CAB as others have said.

Bellatrix 01-10-2016 09:31 PM

Do you get high rate DLA? If so you don't have to pay council tax.

Ballerina123 01-10-2016 09:46 PM

When I was a student and on high rate dla I was entitled to full housing benifit.

Pomegranate 02-10-2016 06:56 PM

Same, I'm a student and I get full housing benefit :-). It's worth looking into.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.