![]() |
5 years baby!
Another year has passed and I have achieved some things. Not only that but I am another year free of SI (making it 5 years free!)
1. Again I can handle stress better by talking to my cpn. I continue to phone her when things get bad. Most of the time I only see her every 3 weeks. At one point I was seeing her once a week. 2. I haven't got drunk and I continue to use alcohol responsibly (when in crisis I tend to abuse alcohol ). 3. I continue to go swimming most weeks (I don't go during half term because the kids stress me out). 4. I am still secretary for a sports day for people with disabilities. I am still managing with the workload even though I am mega busy during July and August. 5. I meet with my friend most weeks for coffee. This is a good thing because I struggle with getting out of the flat when I am having a bad day. 6. I didn't end up IP last year. In fact I didn't see my psych for 14 months which is the longest time I have been between seeing a psych. He was also pleased with my progress when I saw him in March. Hopefully I won't see him until next March. 7. I am nearly 18 months free of OD. This is the longest time I have been free since the age of 15 that I haven't ODED. 8. Because of the fact that my cpn works part time I occasionally have another nurse coming to see me. I have managed to let her inject me (I am on a depot) for many years I wouldn't allow anyone else to do it. 9. My parents went away on holiday recently and I coped fine without them. I managed to cope without harming myself in any way. 10. I think that there should be a tenth thing but I can't think of anything! The only downside is that I have still yet to do anything regarding learning Italian. So that's it! I feel as though SI is part of my past and that's something that I will never do again. As I have said in a previous thread once I get to 10 years free I will post on Facebook (the majority of people on there don't know that I SI ). Here's to another year! |
Dear Not So Insig,
This is such a wonderful post to read. It's so uplifting and inspiring. I hope that you continue on your journey to good mental health and a stable life. Congratulations on all that you have achieved. You should be so proud of yourself. Sophie.x |
Thanks Sophie.
I attended a meeting regarding the sports day for people with disabilities yesterday. I was the only service user there and I managed fine. I had a email from someone I work with regarding this and they said that I am doing an amazing job. :-) |
Well done! Really proud of you. Here's to another year. How are you rewarding yourself?
|
I have bought a ring tamobhuuta. Many thanks for your congratulations.
|
Well done, you're doing so well! :)
|
Thanks Hannah.
|
You have made some great achievements, well done :)
|
Thanks crazykat.
|
Many many congrats to you not_so_insig!!
If I may add a no.10 - because you are wonderful!! So lovely to come back to ryl and see such a positive and inspiring post, so proud of you as always. Lots of love from Nikki (Secrets Hurt) |
This is so lovely and inspirational to read, thank you for your post, I think it will be a great help to a lot of people on here (including myself) to see that it does get better and anyone can overcome anything when they put their minds to it.
Hugs and love, Laura-Jane |
YAY!!! You've done so well, congratulations :)
|
Nikki: great to hear from you. I was wondering about you.
Thanks Laura Jane and Jenna. |
I am another month free! That makes it 5 years and 1 month free now.
|
well done! x
|
Well done! :)
|
Thanks tamobhuuta and Hannah.
|
well done on another month free! You're now well over half way to your ten years free :)
|
Thanks Jenna.
The only sad thing about being 10 years free is that my current cpn won't get to know about it due to the fact that she would have retired by then. She encouraged me to buy a reward each time I reach a goal and she is genuinely pleased to hear that I am another month SI free. She doesn't know about this month as I am not seeing her for a while due to her holidays and hopefully when I see her next I will be another month free (she also doesn't know about me being 18 months OD free). |
That'll be two bits of great news to tell your CPN when she gets back!
When will she be retiring? |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.