RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   risperidone side effects (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239155)

TEAPARTY 17-02-2016 07:10 PM

risperidone side effects
 
Hiya, I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

Anyway, I started taking risperidone again last night and today I've just felt so sluggish and slow. I took it at about 8.30pm last night.

I wondered whether it might be worth taking it a bit earlier tonight seen as I have plans to go out and see a friend tomorrow. I'm anxious about getting the timing right as I can't have this med ruin my motivation & energy levels, I have big dreams that I need to reach.

I'm only on 1mg at the moment, it'll be 2mg by next week and then the psychiatrist will review it. I also take an antidepressant. (Sorry not even sure if I'm allowed to post this?)

I just need some support really, struggling to find reasons to carry on taking it. I want to know if the side effects wear off. I was on it before, but such a tiny dose that it did nothing.

Eir 18-02-2016 03:20 PM

An adjustment period happens with most meds. Especially psych meds.
When I was on risperidone, I was quite zonked for a couple of days every dosage change. My most concerning side effect was lactation when I reached what for me was supposed to be a therapeutic dose. That may not happen to you, but to me it made things worse. That stopped when I insisted on a med change. Most anti psychotics have a sedating effect, which is why they generally tell you to take them at night. There are others, that are less sedating, but there is no guarantee they will work for you. If you are still struggling with lethargy after a fortnight to a month, I'd ask about different meds. But the sleepiness should pass. Give it some time for your body to get used to it.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.