RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Petty things (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238677)

Destabilised 23-01-2016 08:04 PM

Petty things
 
// not sure if this is in the right place, if not, please move it //

Do you ever let small little petty things really wind you up? This has all come about because something really small and petty is proper winding me up and getting me down tonight, and it's totally unreasonable for it to, as well, so I thought maybe, just maybe, unless there's already a thread for it that I've missed, maybe somewhere for us all to just let these things out? So, I'll go first.

Today is the day of someone's wedding that I know, I'm not a huge fan of him and he's not a huge fan of me, thus, no invite, understandable, not phazed by that, but what's getting me down tonight, it's a Saturday night and I'm sat in my living room while literally all my friends are at this wedding and reception having a fantastic day and night, by either invite or plus one as girlfriends/boyfriends, so it's just a bit like "sweet cheers".
My parents are off out for a meal tonight as it's my dad's birthday, and won't be back until about eleven, so I can't see them, and here I am, sat at home with a cup of tea in my hand like "okay".
Totally unjustifiable for me to be down about it all, but hey.

So, what small things get you down that you feel you have no right to be down/annoyed by?

Enthused 23-01-2016 08:24 PM

When I let someone out in traffic and they ignore me. It really winds me up.
When I hold doors open for someone and they ignore me. Heathens.
I could go on and on

Sefka 24-01-2016 01:40 AM

People stopping texting mid-conversation. I don't mind if I send a text and don't get a reply, I just assume they haven't seen it. But like today I had the following exchange:

S: Hey, are you in town?
Me: Not quite. Why?
S: We're going for coffee if you want to join us.
Me: Where are you and how long will you be about for?


And then nothing. Until over an hour later when I got,
S: Sorry, just seen your msg. I'm at home now.

How did you just see my message? Wouldn't you assume I'd text back? Ass hat.

Buttons. 27-01-2016 10:53 AM

People constantly on their phones while I'm talking to them in real life.

Unbreakable. 27-01-2016 01:37 PM

Pet peeve:
people STANDING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF AN ESCALATOR
I think I am totally justified in losing my sh*t over that though tbh

Iamcatbug 27-01-2016 02:11 PM

People stopping dead in front of you and looking annoyed when you nearly walk into them!

Sentient Treacle 28-01-2016 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty Galore (Post 4003101)
Pet peeve:
people STANDING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF AN ESCALATOR
I think I am totally justified in losing my sh*t over that though tbh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4003111)
^ YES. Though a small part of me does enjoy bellowing "excuse me" at them...

I had a super awkward moment at Holborn underground station were some Top Human stood still next to me (clearly on the left). The station was packed and people on the other escalator were clearly staring in horror but I was too ****ing British to do anything other than give a withering look with five second intervals to show my disapproval to other commuters.

I hate when the bar isn't busy and someone goes before you when you were clearly first.

I hate people who change the song halfway through.

I hate when you order twenny chicken nuggets, a big mac, large fries and a tango and your companion orders a happy ****ing meal.

Enthused 28-01-2016 09:40 AM

This LAD bellend culture that is everywhere at the moment. I wish I could live on the moon or at least go back in time to 1975.

Unbreakable. 28-01-2016 02:22 PM

Another pet peeve of mine is people not being able to form a proper queue.
I have to witness that at work every single bloody shift and it is beyond me why it is so hard for so many people :'(

Enthused 28-01-2016 02:50 PM

I will add people in supermarkets in general. Never before have I seen such stupidity when someone gets behind a trolley.

Gordon. 28-01-2016 08:13 PM

People who try to get on the tube before all of the passengers have got off. London tube anger is present for most of my journeys.

LOUD CHEWING OH MY GOD.

So many things but can't remember rn. I'm so ****ing petty it's a joke!

Enthused 28-01-2016 08:15 PM

People that try and talk to me when I have headphones in. Jog on.

I have noticed I really am a grumpy old man.

happywondering 28-01-2016 09:29 PM

"If it doesn't scan is it free?"
"Can I just run and get something?" when there is a massive queue.
Customers talking to me when I am on break, finished etc.
Customers.


People who can't walk in a straight ****ing line and take up all the pavement.

Those are the ones I remember, for now.

non volo 29-01-2016 05:16 AM

People talking during movie.
People eating noisy/crunchy foods.
People on their phones instead of looking where they are walking.
People on their phones during movies, dinner etc...
People who walk right ****ing behind me.
People who have zero spacial awareness.
People who cannot talk quietly.
People who take up an entire pavement/store aisle having a conversation.
People who cannot control their kids.

In general, people just annoy me

Enthused 29-01-2016 04:56 PM

People that buy The S*n.

Marshmallow. 29-01-2016 08:17 PM

When people ignore texts.
People that walk slowly infront of you, esp when you're in a rush.
General rudeness.
People that are nasty for absolutely no reason.

I could go on.

Iamcatbug 31-01-2016 11:38 AM

So basically, we all hate people?

Enthused 31-01-2016 11:41 AM

Yes!

I have to add cyclists to this list. Dressed all in lycra like they are Lance Armstrong when instead they look like really lame Power Rangers. I want to run them all down.

Sefka 31-01-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthused (Post 4004143)
I have to add cyclists to this list. Dressed all in lycra like they are Lance Armstrong when instead they look like really lame Power Rangers. I want to run them all down.

THIS! SO MUCH THIS! I live in Oxford and the f-ers are everywhere and most of them have NO road sense :crazy:

Straight 3 01-02-2016 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcatbug (Post 4004141)
So basically, we all hate people?

I don't hate people, but I don't trust them either, I think they have ulterior motives.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.