RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   RYL V1? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23698)

EyelinerAndCigarettes 11-11-2007 01:34 AM

RYL V1?
 
how do i get onto the old forum? :blush:

xx <3 helen

Sans Peur 11-11-2007 01:47 AM

It was on Ezboard.search ruinyourlife but i dont know how much of the forums you can still access now and if you can actually search it.been a while since i was on it.

jane

_plastic 11-11-2007 09:30 AM

Ia agree with the.devil

Aidee 11-11-2007 09:43 AM

If I remember correctly, the last time I was on it (a couple of months ago) the only thing accessable was the main page.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 11-11-2007 01:30 PM

ok thanks guys :Smile:

what about V2?

Queen Crabbit 11-11-2007 01:42 PM

v.2 has been permanantly lost. As far as I know.

James 11-11-2007 01:48 PM

Not lost, taken offline. We have all the data archived and may, at some point in the future, decide to make the site publically accessible again.

Were this to happen, v2 would be in read-only form, and it is dependant on us having sufficent server capacity to make it viable. There are no specific plans at this time however.

Queen Crabbit 11-11-2007 03:17 PM

Being lost forever sounds so much cooler though.

Dan 12-11-2007 12:30 PM

It does! Lost forever in the black abyss that is the internet. I love it. It adds effect.

Aidee 13-11-2007 02:21 AM

nothing is ever lost once it's been put online though.

I read an article one time about how once an image was put on the internet it was impossible to ever remove all the copies of it.

Scumbelina 13-11-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 365539)
We have all the data archived and may, at some point in the future, decide to make the site publically accessible again.

I would LOVE that to happen - I missed the part that said there was a deadline & I didn't save all the things I wanted to (such as birthday threads & niceness)

Harley 18-11-2007 07:33 PM

Ok, well I am guessing quite a lot of you guys will like this...

There is a website called archive.org which runs a service called the Wayback machine - which basically snapshots the web and keeps a record you can browse.

Anyway, sadly Ruin isn't on there anymore, but Recover is on there and it makes for a very interesting look, as you progress through the growth and evolution of RYL.

You can get to it here :

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php


Enjoy!


Harley

Kaytii 18-11-2007 08:38 PM

thanks so much for the link harley
it took me ages to work out which dates got me onto v2 links but its seriously cool =D

EyelinerAndCigarettes 18-11-2007 09:34 PM

thanks harley, very helpful <3

surprising mystery 18-11-2007 11:05 PM

Brilliant.. *checks it out*

Pink Lemonade Fairy 20-11-2007 07:25 PM

Oh gosh this is so weird...The old site...Feels like home :)

Alcohol Induced Altruism 20-11-2007 08:07 PM

wow that's so weird, I guess I went on RYL litereally several times a day for several years and then seeing it again was... well yeah like comming back home!

Are all the articals being put up on this RYL, because I looked at the artical "Anorexia the God, Bulimia the Devil" and remembered how helpful those articals were... yknow?

Ah that weirded me out >.< I feel old.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.