RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   most likely losing job and not sure how to pay for loans (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229622)

zivalover16 31-12-2014 06:34 AM

most likely losing job and not sure how to pay for loans
 
I got injured at work on Halloween but didn't go to the ER until the next day after that shift when it got worse... They didn't find anything but said no work until I saw an orthopedist. The first one I saw couldn't find anything but she said something was wrong and gave me a list of doctors in New York City (2 hours from where I live) and said to see one of them. Mean while I have been out on workers comp and making less than half of my normal pay. With workers comp you are allowed to be out for 12 weeks before they can put your job up and higher someone else (a.k.a let you go).
I saw the dr in NYC today and he knew right away what was wrong with me. I have to have surgery January 26th and January 30th marks the end of the 12 weeks. I'm pretty sure workers comp will continue to pay me but it won't be enough to pay loans and the loan company's won't budge and let me make smaller payments. I'm not sure how long they will pay me or what will happen when they stop paying me. I don't like not being able to pay things back. My parents won't be able to help me make payments. I have no clue what to do and have to admit I am stressing about it already.

Amaranth 01-01-2015 07:16 PM

Can you sue the company for your injury? I know that might take a while but would be worth it if you can get a payout.
I don't really know how things work in the US, are there any organisations or charities that help people in your situation?

zivalover16 03-01-2015 08:03 PM

I don't think I can sue the company... I called the loan company with the biggest payment every month (even though I have asked before) And they told my I had 3 months of forbearance left (where I put off paying). It goes into affect this month and ends March. I will have to start paying again in April so hopefully I will have a new job by then. I will be putting aside money form workers comp in the mean time though but it is a big relief.

mat 07-01-2015 06:24 AM

workmans comp drops your rights to sue. i would spell prevlidge, but im sure i messed that up. Call your case worker. I have a hernia from moving something like 40 tons by myself at work, i forgot the terms my case is only open for 45 days. Mostly waiting for doctors from last 10 years to tell em i dont have a past hernia. Look up workmans comp stuff. If you want to sue, you cant do workmans comp. Thatd be silly.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.