RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Why are my friends so judgmental about my depression (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228111)

~Shelties Love~ 09-11-2014 09:48 PM

Why are my friends so judgmental about my depression
 
My friends are so judgemental about depression, they think its ridiculous, & that they should get "happy". You have a good life, family, food,& roof over your head! Why are you sad? I was a adopted didn't have the best life, but now I love life. I love myself.

Steel Maiden 09-11-2014 09:56 PM

They are not good friends.

~Shelties Love~ 10-11-2014 02:20 PM

Well, there fine besides that.

Unbreakable. 10-11-2014 03:52 PM

I think most likely they are not educated on depression and don't understand it.
There's unfortunately still a lot of people that believe that depression means to simply be somewhat sad about one thing or other.

My suggestion would be to sit down with them and explain to them what depression is and how it affects you. Maybe you can find some useful info online, there are probably pamphlets / leaflets you can print out for them.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.