![]() |
fun psychosis
Has anyone ever had a psychotic episode or psychotic symptoms they have enjoyed?
Like for example, I sometimes hear a voice that is friendly and i enjoy spending time with that voice. I've also had grandiose delusions I have enjoyed especially when I believe im famous or powerful. I know psychosis can be dangerous but I just wondered if anyone has ever enjoyed it and been sad when it's goes/calms down/is medicated. I just wondered if other experience this sometimes. |
I can't speak from personal experience as I've never suffered from any psychotic symptoms myself, but I've nursed a patient in the past who refused to take anti-psychotics because she really enjoyed having the voice she heard present, and felt really lonely without it. It was a kind voice and just simply gave her some company.
I often feel that if someone is happy with their symptoms and it's not harming them or anyone else then why force them to change? |
I haven't had happy voices but I've certainly felt happy during episodes before. One in particular, I believed I could save everyone from the government by sending out beams of love. I thought everyone was particularly beautiful, but I also remember feeling frightened and angry at times. It's hard to tell whether this was just a result of elevated mood (I don't have Bipolar and rarely have elevated mood, but did on this occasion) or whether I enjoyed the experiences themselves. It was all a bit confused because I was sure I was being poisoned too and that was upsetting, and also felt hemmed in by being told to take medication by the HTT which was frustrating.
I also usually feel more creative during episodes too, which is nice, except when I'm low and then I just feel flat. Some experiences can make you feel quite powerful, which is nice when you often feel disempowered. I think this is, in part, why I had such a length of time in the past where medication-compliance didn't happen much. I agree that mostly psychosis can be very dangerous, though. |
I've heard about people with psychotic illnesses who do like their voices and/or hallucinations and don't need to do anything about it.
I don't think it's uncommon. |
I loved it when I was a fairy!!!!!
I have heard some people talk about psychotic symptoms I enjoy? |
I have loved some parts of my psychotic episodes at the time I wish I could just keep those parts and lose the other parts. In the cold light of day however, the fun parts hurt those that are around me as much, sometimes more, than the other parts.
|
I loved feeling special and wanted because I was on a mission. When the voices stopped kept on telling me that I wasnt on a mission I was disappoint.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:32 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.