RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   New Laptop (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225862)

Moonlight Princess 15-08-2014 03:18 PM

New Laptop
 
Yes I urgently need a new laptop but I'm not sure which one to get.

Do you love/hate your laptop and why?

Also if you have ideas on how best to make the decision (like review sites or what criteria I should be using) please let me know.

Thanks!

Kiran

Elmer 16-08-2014 06:57 PM

A red one. It should definitely be red.

Isoverity 16-08-2014 09:49 PM

Laptops are meant to be portable. They aren't supposed to be desktop replacements even though thats how many people use them. Almost 15% of laptops have problems right out of the box. Many more have issues the next 3 years. I put money in desktops and use cheap things I don't care about as mobile computers. I like some tablets because they have better screens. Laptop screens are junk compared to a nice 24" IPS panel (whcih has gotten very cheap)

shadow-light 16-08-2014 09:53 PM

until the harddrive started to die I loved my laptop, however it was a VERY pricey gaming laptop... I am planning on building a decktop to replace it once I can afford it. That way will be far cheaper to get the specs that I want


however, what new laptop you get it totally dependent on what you want to use it for... so, erm, what do you use a laptop for? :P

Patent Pending 16-08-2014 09:59 PM

I love mine; Toshiba Satellite :) plus it's purple :)

x x x

Moonlight Princess 22-08-2014 10:25 AM

Sorry about the late reply, I had no internet connection last week but thank you so much for all your comments :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer (Post 3832173)
A red one. It should definitely be red.

Lol thanks Lio but we also have one vote for purple so decisions, decisions....

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow-light (Post 3832223)

however, what new laptop you get it totally dependent on what you want to use it for... so, erm, what do you use a laptop for? :P

I think I just need a good internet connection really Hazel! :P I might watch stuff on it so a good screen resolution would be good. The retina screens on the Macs are catching my eye for that reason but I worry that they are so much more expensive than other models when I won't really be using all that I'm paying for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mix Tape (Post 3832224)
I love mine; Toshiba Satellite :) plus it's purple :)

x x x

I do love the Toshiba that I've got at the moment Katie. Windows 8 is scaring me though because it looks complex!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooke (Post 3832244)
It really depends on what you want from a computer. Entertainment? Work? Portability?

Either way, you can get a reasonable laptop for £300/£400 that will last you at least a few years.

Mostly work I guess if I'm being sensible! It doesn't really need to be portable because I just keep it on a desk mainly!

Questions

People who use Windows 8 how do you get on with it?
Has anybody used PC Specialist to build their own laptop and how did that work out for you?[/list]

Sky22 22-08-2014 08:39 PM

Sony Vaio.
Yeah I won't lie they are pricey but they do last a long time. I had my last Sony Vaio for years with no problems (5 years) before my little sister got hold of it and broke all the keys off, I was angry.
So I got my new Sony Vaio. Had it for nearly two years and had no problems.

I will always stick with Sony Vaios.

It depends on what you want to use your laptop for? Gaming? Work? General use?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.