![]() |
Why is there not a post count restriction on those who can enter chat?
Just cant seem to understand why that hasn't been implemented , i mean surely you need to be able to get to know someone on here first before they can enter chat. I've been on similar sites in the past and i think you need to post at-least 20 times over a period of a week to gain access to chat.
Its a good security measure in some aspects as well. Just curious why its never been on the website in all the years ive been around. :cool: |
Chat isn't made by RYL, it was made my an external company so RYL has limited control over changes and things.
|
Also, some people only use chat and prefer to get to know people there rather than through the forums.
|
I'm not a chatter but I know some chat regulars never post in the forums
|
Some people require more immediate support that can be accessed by chat and are not a forum member, so why should they be prevented from accessing chat?
Chat is moderated and so fairly safe as it is. |
Some people just really dislike posting on the forums and would much rather have an immediate conversation. I dont see a need to make a post count barrier, it isnt really an issue apart from spammers and even that doesnt happen often enough to warrant it.
|
I never even use chat myself but I don't see why someone who might need it and find it helpful should be denied that help just cos they don't post on the forums as much. I know I'd feel awful if it was the other way around and I was denied using the forums cos I don't use chat. Different things help different people and that's ok. Whatever people are comfortable with.
Ps. I don't mean to completely shoot down your idea, I'm just trying to explain why it is the way it is. |
I have to agree with Secrets Hurt; some people only go in chat and some people only use the forums. I personally find chat too busy a lot of the time so I prefer the forums. I fail to see how people posting a few times would help in chat.
x x x |
Yeah, it is separate to the forums but also may compliment it. It's modded and really few problems happen in there. If they do then people can be banned and things. Posting on the forums doesn't necessarily prove anything. Plus, posting 20posts in a week is quite a bit; more than a lot of the most active members do atm never mind newbies who are often nervy and people who would prefer chat rather than the forums.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:58 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.