RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Calling all night owls! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222168)

Serendipity. 05-05-2014 12:20 AM

Calling all night owls!
 
I work nights, so even when I'm not at work I'm awake at stupid times when no-one else is. It's rather lonely and depressing!

Anyone else going to be awake for hours yet?

Come and keep me company! ^_^

talaiporia 05-05-2014 12:21 AM

I am. :P

Serendipity. 05-05-2014 12:25 AM

Soph! Why do you never sleep? You're, like, superhuman! :P

talaiporia 05-05-2014 12:25 AM

Oh goodness yes!
I do sleep. Sometimes. Sleep is for the weak.

talaiporia 05-05-2014 12:32 AM

Ahh yeah. I am a robot. I never sleep.

Serendipity. 05-05-2014 12:41 AM

Haha, totally agree that sleep is for the weak! I shall join you in your robot-ness!

Hi Carmen! *waves*

Crazycatlady 05-05-2014 05:08 PM

i have the same problem! i work nights and have thursday friday and saturday nights off, so when i get in from work on thursday morning i try to have as little sleep as possible so that i'll sleep through the night, but i'm often awake from 2am on a friday morning.
on my nights off, as long as i have no plans during the day, i just let my body sleep when it wants to. my record for no sleep is from 3pm wednesday afternoon until friday 8pm i had about 6 hours sleep broken up into 2 hour naps

Serendipity. 05-05-2014 05:11 PM

It's rubbish sometimes isn't it! I had a similar amount of sleep recently - 72 hours, 7 hours of sleep, 36 hours at work. I thought I was about to die at the end of it :P

Unbreakable. 05-05-2014 05:26 PM

You are all insane!
Why do people not just sleep at night? :P

Icecube. Swirls 05-05-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Y (Post 3781255)
You are all insane!
Why do people not just sleep at night? :P

This ^

Serendipity. 05-05-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Y (Post 3781255)
You are all insane!
Why do people not just sleep at night? :P

*cough*hypocrite!*cough*

And I can't sleep at night, I'd get sacked :P

StormCloud 05-05-2014 05:40 PM

It's only 10:40 am where I am so I'll be up for hours yet! At least 12!

Serendipity. 05-05-2014 05:46 PM

I never realized there was such a big time difference! Time zones confuse me!

Unbreakable. 05-05-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 3781266)
*cough*hypocrite!*cough*

And I can't sleep at night, I'd get sacked :P

You are surely good at making up excuses. :P

Yeah, I remembered I slept like ten hours in total since some point Friday afternoon. Ooooops. :S
Also remembered you actually know when I'm awake at night. :P

frenchhorn 05-05-2014 08:17 PM

I am definitely a night owl, always preferred being awake at night. been awake until about 7/8am the last few days, getting a few hours sleep and then awake for ages!

MunchBox 05-05-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Y (Post 3781255)
You are all insane!
Why do people not just sleep at night? :P

Sleep is for the weak :P

Cacoethes 06-05-2014 12:27 AM

Yup. Last few nights I've not been sleeping until about 3am, despite prn!

Cacoethes 06-05-2014 01:03 AM

It would be the one night that no one else is awake. Dammit!

frenchhorn 06-05-2014 01:04 AM

I'm awake and not tired!

Cacoethes 06-05-2014 01:04 AM

yay! me too! :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.