RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Stephen Fry Out There (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214640)

Born Survivor 17-10-2013 07:32 PM

Stephen Fry Out There
 
Did anyone in the UK watch Stephen Fry's two part documentary Out There?

It was aired on Monday night and Wednesday night. If anyone hasn't watched it i urge you to get on the Iplayer and watch it ASAP!

He visited countries from around the world to find out how they treated people from the gay community and to challenge the people who sets the laws and speak to victims of homophobic attacks.

I thought it was a really interesting and very sad to realise how vile other humans treat each other just for "being gay"

Some quotes from Stephen's documentary:

"Homosexuals are NOT interested in making other people homosexual. Homophobics ARE interested in making other people homophobic."

“Look at Putin, look at Dobby the house elf and remember that’s all he is.. A little house elf”

"There are 480 species of animal that exhibits homosexual behaviour, but only one species of animal on Earth that exhibits homophobic behaviour. So which is normal?"

:)

Cersei 17-10-2013 09:21 PM

I watched both episodes this evening (what else would I do after lectures?)

I really liked it. It showed how passionate he is about the cause. It was quite sad at some points though, with the attempted suicide rates in Russia really hitting home.

Born2bWild 22-10-2013 05:11 AM

very good documentary - really insightful. think his documentaries on hiv & manic depression really well done as well.

felt really affected by people on the documentaries & things they have to go through - some really admirable & brave people on them.

SavingGrace 23-10-2013 04:25 AM

I will find this and watch this soon. I loved his documentary about Bi-Polar when I watched that. I loved that he had personal experience in the documentary about Bi-Polar as he was able to give amazing personal experience, so I hope that this one will be the same in regards to being Gay. =)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.