RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   First Aid Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   incredibly itchy!!!!! :( (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212300)

Busby 13-08-2013 11:37 AM

incredibly itchy!!!!! :(
 
For the past couple of months, I have been so itchy it is really starting to get me down. Everything itches, and I am constantly scratching to the point I am scratching my skin off. I itch everywhere, limbs, torso, head, toes, fingers, even inside my ears and nose. I have tried vitamin e and sudo cream, I have bought t gel and washed my body in it and used a ph neutral body cream. I have not changed laundry or fabric conditioner. I am vacuuming daily to keep dust away. The itching is keeping me up at night, and the more I think about it and scratch, the worse it gets. I cant see a rash or any dry skin.

Anyone have any suggestions for a over the counter remedy?

xx

offlineforever 13-08-2013 12:20 PM

I think your best bet would be to go to a chemists and ask them for advice.

caz23 14-08-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ytak (Post 3637882)
I think your best bet would be to go to a chemists and ask them for advice.

^ I think that's a good idea.

Also, if you are taking any mediaction it might be worth checking whether itchiness is listed as a side effect.

Hope you get some relief soon, sounds really unpleasant.

secret squirrel 14-08-2013 07:26 PM

I can sympathise - I had really bad itchiness when my burns were healing and I was recommended to take Piriton, which you can buy from the chemist. It did help, but it can cause drowsiness. There are other stronger anti-itchy meds your GP could prescribe, too, if that doesn't work. But it's worth going to your GP to find out the cause if possible. Hope it gets better soon.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.