RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Katie Hopkins on This Morning (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210488)

cloudedmind 06-07-2013 06:34 PM

Katie Hopkins on This Morning
 
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkXzOj7haAs"]Holly Willoughby loses her cool with Katie Hopkins in ANOTHER class row on 'This Morning' - YouTube[/ame]

Did anyone else see this? What did you think?

FabulousMike 06-07-2013 06:36 PM

I actually feel so, so sorry for her children. I hope they grow up to be decent people.

Tig 06-07-2013 06:40 PM

Same as Mike.

She seems very judgmental and it's sad that her kids could potentially be losing great friends because of that.

Did make me laugh though when she said about geographical names...

GlitterTrashDoll 06-07-2013 06:47 PM

She makes me angry.

And she's hypocritical. 'I don't like geographical names!' Yet she has a daughter named India but that's okay 'because it's not related to a location' -_-

TimesLikeThese 06-07-2013 06:59 PM

I saw this! I was left totally speechless. I would not be able to tolerate that women in person, ever.

Wonderland. 06-07-2013 07:00 PM

^ My thoughts exactly.

Revolving Door 06-07-2013 07:06 PM

It infuriated me....that's all I can say. Contradictory

__T 06-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll (Post 3609867)
She makes me angry.

And she's hypocritical. 'I don't like geographical names!' Yet she has a daughter named India but that's okay 'because it's not related to a location' -_-

This.
Hopefully her kids grow up to be better people than her, but that shouldn't be too hard.

griddlebone 06-07-2013 07:25 PM

I have read things by her before, saying that she vets her childrens friends and 'persuades' her children to shy away from the 'common/stupid' children. Its sad and its sad that she feels like saying these things is the only way she can get some attention.

ferretmonster 06-07-2013 07:47 PM

Umm I agree shes a snob and doing a diservice to her kids but, most teachers will say there are naughty kid names, now that doesn't mean all kids called connor are evil, but that there is a percentage of connors who give the others a bad name (although sometimes the naughty kids are the most fun)

And some names are just chav names, I'm temporarily lostfor the term but somethig like you call a child (insert name) and they will grow up to fit the name.

Again I will say this doesn't mean all kids with these na, es are horrid, just that some are not the best behaved

Stellata 06-07-2013 07:50 PM

Self fulfilling prophecy?

Mine were Shane. 2 of them in one class. Nice kids but very very troubled, both of them. Unfortunately nicknamed 'Shane the pain' by some other kids. Sigh.

ferretmonster 06-07-2013 07:53 PM

Thats the one! My brain would not work =)

Bleeding Angel 06-07-2013 08:07 PM

I feel the only reason she gets asked on the show is to cause this kind of controversy. She has been on before banging on about how she would not employ someone overweight as they are not good workers compared to slim people, then again on how overweight people cant be beautiful and can not be happy with themselves as everyone wants to be thin and being slim is what makes you pretty.

Then she did a magazine article saying how smokers should be paid less as they continually go for smoking breaks and have sick days so everyone else works harder than them. Then she posted on twitter saying ginger children are harder to love because of their hair colour.

Can someone just smack this woman into the next century please.

Bleeding Angel 06-07-2013 08:11 PM

anyway this is the one about overweight workers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ARVUy43lOQ"]Too Fat To Work | This Morning - Katie Hopkins and Jay Cole Interview - YouTube[/ame]

ferretmonster 06-07-2013 09:15 PM

Wtf ginger kids are harder to love lol she is a weirdo

Beautifully Broken 06-07-2013 09:38 PM

I think its ridiculous to judge people by a name...I mean, I have friends with kids who have funny and unusual names but I would never be like "no you must not play with so and so" to my daughter over a name!

Diamonds. 06-07-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tig (Post 3609864)
Same as Mike.

She seems very judgmental and it's sad that her kids could potentially be losing great friends because of that.

Did make me laugh though when she said about geographical names...

That part made me laugh so hard. Silly woman.

Zedebee 06-07-2013 10:11 PM

I want to scratch her brain out and give her body to a more deserving being.
Dramatic? Me?
Never!

MissAnonymous 06-07-2013 10:37 PM

Wow, she's very shallow.

Doesn't seem to have enough emotional intelligence to be able or judge a person individually. Maybe she is an absent parent and simply doesn't have tome to make the effort to get to know her kids friends a little. Isn't that what parents with working brain cells do?! She is embarrassing her kids to be such a snob.

Sketchy 06-07-2013 10:57 PM

She's the one who has no class. Her comments on working class families disgusts me and is rather presumptuous. I grew up in a working class family and in a council estate. I have an honours degree, so I'm not stupid. My sister is doing her second degree now. My mum and Dad brought us both up to have good manners, so we were hardly a bad influence either. Ok we weren't perfect angels, but neither were the kids from more affluent areas.

I pitty her. She is shutting her world and her kids to meeting some nice and interesting people.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.