RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Maybe Cancer..Quite scared. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209857)

pea soup 22-06-2013 07:36 AM

Maybe Cancer..Quite scared.
 
I've been diagnosed with anemia. I have to go back to my docs on Monday for more tests. I've lost 12 lbs without trying. I haven't had an appetite in a while. I have swollen lymph nodes and I'm bleeding a lot when I go to the bathroom. I know my doc is thinking Leukemia. I'm so weak and dizzy all the time. he wants more blood work..a colonoscopy and biopsy of the lymph nodes. They are painful. I have one behind my ear and one under my arm.

I've never felt this way before. Just so weak. I'm scared too. But I really want to know what's wrong with me so we can fix it.

Thanks.

Slip 22-06-2013 09:14 AM

Oh Hun, I'm sorry you are experiencing this - I hope the tests aren't too painful & find what they are looking for so it can be treated quickly!
Thinking of you
xxx

crazykat 22-06-2013 11:13 AM

I know it is hard but try not to jump to conclusions until you get the results back otherwise it will eat away at you. Good luck with all the tests hun, you will get through this. Thinking of you xx

Tig 24-06-2013 03:58 AM

Thinking of you lovely. x

Mandimoo 24-06-2013 07:45 PM

How did today go rach?

pea soup 27-06-2013 03:31 AM

I have the colonoscopy scheduled for July 1st. But my doc doesn't think it's my colon. He thinks it more like my bladder or my female organs. I havent had a pap smear in 6 years so I have to get that done. Keith's b-day is the 1st. I'm trying my best to stay positive. With the lymph nodes swollen, I may just have Mono. But the pain is a problem. Kelly has now developed some swollen lymph nodes and she thinks we both have mono. who knows?

Thank you all.

Much love.
xxxxxxxxx

Imperfect.Star 27-06-2013 03:43 AM

^that's definitely a possibility - the EB virus can mimic a lot of leukaemia/lymphoma symptoms and there are other possibilities too. It's totally natural and understandable to be scared whilst all this is going on but the worst case scenario isn't true yet and if it is...you won't be alone dealing with it and there are a lot of people walking around cured. Don't give up hope!

pea soup 27-06-2013 06:51 AM

Thank you. I researched Mono and we don't have it. No sore throat, no high fever etc.

I'm in a lot of pain tonight in my extreme lower abdomen. My Mom thinks it could be a uterine infection but my white blood count is normal. I don't like the extreme pain and the swollen lymph nodes. I'm just going to have the tests and see what comes back. I wanted to go to the ER tonight and see if they would do an ultrasound but i have no one to go with me. I need a pain shot and I would have to have a driver :(

I've never had pain like this except when I had natural child birth..that's what it feels like just not as intense.

Thank you guys for everything.

Loves.
xxxxx

pea soup 27-06-2013 12:29 PM

I went to the hospital overnight because the pain was so bad. They did bloodwork but only to check for bacteria in my stomach! I told them it wasn't my stomach, it is lower by my female organs and bladder. They said they didn't have blood tests for that. I asked for an ultrasound but they wouldn't give me one.

They did tell me to get to a gynecologist today and I'm going to. Kaleb is up and I'm letting Kelly sleep a little longer and as soon as the clinic opens, I'm calling to make an emergency appt. for today. They will do a pap smear and hopefully give me an ultrasound. They may see something during the exam or I may have to wait for results. I'm going to be very blunt with them because I want answers.

I know I still have to have the colonoscopy on Monday. My grandma is having one today and I'm worried about her. She's 84 and they don't like to do them on people that old because the risk of tearing the colon. So, I'm praying hard for her today.

Everything seems to be moving so fast and it's hard to keep up.

Whew!

nowhereman 01-07-2013 01:52 AM

I'm so sorry you're going through this, it must be so scary for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, I hope you get answers so you can get the right treatment xx

Mandimoo 01-07-2013 05:29 PM

That's exactly how I felt with my hernia rach. Google inguinal hernia.

crazykat 07-07-2013 04:47 PM

How are you doing now?

Taraxacum 08-07-2013 01:31 PM

I hope things start to look up for you soon and you get the news you want<3

Slip 10-07-2013 06:55 PM

Thinking of you Hun xx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.