RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Trying to get back into sketching (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209704)

Flip 18-06-2013 06:23 PM

Trying to get back into sketching
 
finished uni and started getting back into developing my drawing
hope you guys enjoy :)



here's an instagram'd version which makes it look a bit more clear








insidemyhead 18-06-2013 07:23 PM

I like these a lot, you're definitely talented; I love your technique! Keep it up :)

Flip 18-06-2013 11:46 PM

thanks :) thats very encouraging! i'm feeling motivated now haha

Infatuated 19-06-2013 01:15 PM

Nice! Good use of line and tone. Keep up the good work! :)

crazykat 19-06-2013 01:16 PM

Very cool :)

Laura2.0 19-06-2013 02:59 PM

I like your style and how you add the Neon colours

Flip 19-06-2013 05:43 PM

Thank you so much guys :)
Laura2.0- the neon colours are just highlighter pens. You'd be surprised how effective they are!

doughboy0042 21-06-2013 08:06 PM

these are very cool!!

Sketchy 21-06-2013 11:11 PM

I like the way you drew the first guy with the hat.

I would love to see more.

DontLookUp 23-06-2013 12:24 AM

these are really good!

Flip 23-06-2013 09:28 PM

thank you all for the nice comments :) its given me a lot of motivation to keep at it!
here are a few quick ones i did today.
sorry for the photo quality






Sketchy 23-06-2013 10:28 PM

Really like your style. Keep going!

cloudedmind 26-06-2013 03:04 PM

I love these. Such an individual style - keep them coming haha :D

insidemyhead 27-06-2013 07:44 PM

Wow! Just love the way you work! Definitely keep doing it :-) x

Ardea 29-06-2013 01:03 AM

These are great! I'd love to see more! Keep drawing and posting! :)

pixiedust_11 01-07-2013 03:53 PM

I really like the one's of the men wearing glasses :) Very talented!

aka: 01-07-2013 11:21 PM

These sketches are great, and though I haven't seen your previous work you seem to have maintained a/your style. Are these friends, strangers, completely made up? If not made up than may I ask where your favourite place is to sketch? I love to sketch in transit (streetcar, subway, bus) and parks.

Gem-Louise 02-07-2013 11:26 AM

They are really good and your very talented :)

crazykat 02-07-2013 12:57 PM

Very good :)

Flip 02-07-2013 06:45 PM

thank you all soo much for the feedback its been a huge motivation to read it all :)
i've been off the grid for a week so sorry for not getting back to you and saying thank you!

aka: these are a mix of strangers, friends and random photographs i've found. i find drawing from a still image easier as you can really figure out the measurements but i prefer to draw from real life as you have to do it all within such a shorter time frame and you come out with a more personal drawing. i used to like to draw on the tube or in cafes but mainly just where ever i could. i just need to get back into the habit of carrying my sketch book with me.

i've been a bit lax lately with my drawings lately so i'll show you guys some doodles i've been doing at work :)

i see them as weird floating masses of land like geometric islands













All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.