RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hiding scars at work? HELP! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207045)

saved the strawberries 20-04-2013 01:47 AM

Hiding scars at work? HELP!
 
Let me start off by saying I have been SI free for 8 years now. Which is awesome, and took a lot of work to get to.

The problem? I want to go into psychology. I just started working at a residential treatment center similar to the one I was in back in the day. I love it, and I think I'll be good at it.

But my scars are SUPER OBVIOUS. My right arm is covered in hypertrophic scars. Really bad on the upper shoulder, but even from the elbow down is still quite noticeable. Due to a need to maintain boundaries with the residents, I need to make sure they aren't shown.

So - anyone have any tips on how to cover scars and survive summer? Please help! I love this job, and I don't want to lose it!

lau_83 20-04-2013 05:53 PM

Argh hypertrophic scars suck big time don't they. Can you wear like a floaty shirt that you can wear a vest top under? That way you won't get too hot but are still covered up.

thesamename 21-04-2013 09:07 PM

Yeah I was going to suggest a sheerish floaty shirt. Or a long sleeved thin t-shirt?

daisy* 21-04-2013 11:18 PM

Long sleeve shirts made from light fabrics, cardigans that you can wear not buttoned up.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.