![]() |
help please.
How do I get mental health help? I'm getting some kind of basic insurance in april and yah. one is curious. Do I just call the provider and tell them the voices in my head are getting louder? Or I'm seeing more and more things while people are around me and nobody talks about them so I just lock myself up from evryone if I'm not working.
When I was in a different state a few years ago I got put on meds for a few weeks for schizophrenia when I tried killing myself. After fines and lawyer everything got thrown out and I stopped takin meds. |
I think the first step would be contacting your doctor as they would be able to refer you onto the appropriate support. However your insurance company may also have a list of mental health providers that they offer cover for. I also found this page on accessing mental health treatment, that I thought could be useful to you. All the best with everything.
|
Sorry I'm in the UK so I can't give advice, but I hope you get what you need soon.
|
Once insurance starts in april ill find a doctor. My question I guess is how do I bring it up? I can be pretty blunt like my first post on here to a doctor, but I feel I won't be taken seriously. I'm idk scared or nervous of that. Just the feeling I get makes me not want to try and just deal with it like I've been. I don't want everyone toknow everything about me
|
Talking to a Dr does not mean that 'everyone will know everything about you'. Drs have to keep information confidential and its also your choice about what to tell them.
You need to be straightforward and factual. You could start with something like 'I'm really struggling with hearing voices and I'm seeing things that others don't. I've had this problem before a few years ago and was on medication for it but I stopped taking it.' Hope you get help soon. Its horrible going through mental health problems especially without any support. |
Sorry I misunderstood your first post. I agree with the above that you need to be straightforward in talking to your doctor so they can help. Tell them that your struggling with voices and that your also seeing things that others don't see. They will probably then ask you more questions to get a better idea on what is going on for you. You could also explain to them how it effects your everyday functioning. They will have heard of other people who have gone through similar so should take you seriously. It will be unlikely but if you feel they don't take you seriously make an appointment to see someone else. All the best. Take care
Kat xxx |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.