RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BB Cream (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203691)

effervescence 12-02-2013 04:52 AM

BB Cream
 
So I've been hearing about this supposedly amazing new addition to the makeup/beauty world, and it sounds quite good.
Does anyone use BB Cream? Which brand? Is it good? What's it like?
Discuss.

Buttons. 12-02-2013 07:40 AM

I'd never heard of it before seeing this thread so looked it up, it looks interesting.

OneForSorrow 12-02-2013 10:09 AM

I use the Garnier one and I really like it. I don't wear foundation as I feel it clogs up my skin and feels too heavy. So on days when I want to dress up, I use BB and it works quite well. Its a cross between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. It just makes your face look more even and clean, without colouring it majorly!

Popple 12-02-2013 10:10 AM

I use the garnier one and I love it! It much less fuss than foundation but it still makes your skin look more even and less deathly pale. I find it really good because I have freckles and so foundation always looks odd. Takes a few seconds to put on as well which is always a bonus :)

I bought a cheap £2 one when I ran out once and was skint and it was bloody awful.

The One Who 12-02-2013 10:59 AM

The western ones, like the Garnier, are more like tinted moisturisers than anything else. The Korean ones are far superior in my experience.

When I use it, which isn't often, I use the Skin79 pink one. A little goes a looooong way and it lasts ages. I've also tried the Missha, but the tone wasn't great for me. If you do get one and it comes out looking a bit grey, that's fine as it will oxidise after a minute or two to match your skin better.

There are lots of videos on Youtube and reviews across the web which can give better examples and swatches and compare them.

squirrelspit 12-02-2013 11:33 AM

i use a maybelline one, but as Claire says, i think it is mostly a tinted moisturiser.. i love it though, maybe its psychological but it makes my skin feel better and look more healthy too, where as i find foundation tends to look quite.. cloggy.

i have heard that the korean ones are amazing, and plan on investing in one once this has run out.

ferretmonster 12-02-2013 07:43 PM

I'm with claire,

after her advice elsewhere i bought skin79 bb cream and i love it, much better than the uk ones

Popple 12-02-2013 08:32 PM

This skin79 stuff sounds good. Where can I get it from and does it cost a fortune?

effervescence 13-02-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Pixie (Post 3506037)
This skin79 stuff sounds good. Where can I get it from and does it cost a fortune?


The One Who 13-02-2013 12:16 PM

I bought mine from Treat Your Skin, but there are eBay sellers (can't remember their names, but probably Google will help?) that sell it as well. Mine cost around £15 or so, but it comes in quite a large bottle, and a pea-sized amount should do the whole face, with a tiny bit extra for concealing any problem areas that require more coverage.

Look into it, and look into the different methods people use to apply it. I use the patting method, but others prefer just a normal rubbing method.

ferretmonster 13-02-2013 10:06 PM

i have just recieved a couple of samples of the urban decay one, havent tried it yet coz, what can i say i like the skin79 one, but having said that i do have a yellow toned skin so that probably why i like it

effervescence 17-02-2013 09:04 AM

Looking at the skin79 website there are heaps of different types.
I have pink-based, pale skin, not at all yellow-based. Is there one that you think would suit me best?

akita 17-02-2013 03:54 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread effervescence, but i'm also interested in the stuff. I'm in Australia and posted on a magazine forum that does road tests of beauty products, asking about BB cream and am waiting to hear back. If anyone in Australia can help me out with which brand is best, i'd love it.

MrsNutkin 18-02-2013 11:21 AM

I have tried the Garnier and it's pretty good. Currently using one that is about a shade too dark... bit of a mistake.

akita 18-02-2013 03:17 PM

I will go bb cream hunting tomoz.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.