RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Banned Member (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203661)

griddlebone 11-02-2013 03:23 PM

Banned Member
 
Hi everyone,


This is not a thread I really like to make and it's quite unusual that we would do it on RYL, however there are some reasons which I will explain in my post and I hope you will understand why it has been brought to the moderators attention and why it is now being brought to yours.


There was a member of this website called MadManWithABox who made some posts regarding having a sister who he was guardian of amongst other things. The moderators were suspicious so we did some research as did some members who were also suspicious. What we found is that this person has lied and been banned on a number of websites for lying about the same things he was talking about on RYL.

When confronted he was asked to give evidence of his sister existance/parents death and so on which he said he would provide us with. However the deadline came and went with nothing after being online a number of times since, hence why we are now positive he was lying.

We now have no idea which bits of information are real or false, we do not know if his age is real, if the pictures he used are real or any of the other information used as some was different on other websites, including posing as a girl on one.

We think it is important for the community to know about this for a number of reasons. One is that I know people have added him on facebook, but I cant pinpoint the members to PM and tell so I am urging you, if you have him on facebook to delete him. I also know that he was planning to attend meets and he had also arranged to meet up with members of RYL outside of official meets. As he is now a banned member he is not able to attend meets however if you have been arranging to meet this guy outside of RYL meets I would strongly advise that you do not.

As he is now a permanently banned member we arent under any obligation to keep his infraction/ban private from you and we think it is only right that you should be aware of this.

Thank you.

Liv.

RYL Mod.

MunchBox 11-02-2013 03:26 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

-Carpe Diem 11-02-2013 03:29 PM

This is all too familiar.
Thanks for telling people though x

griddlebone 11-02-2013 03:32 PM

Unfortunately people lie, its fortunate that he was caught fairly quickly...thats all we can do really is keep a lookout and hope were wrong.x

LotusandDice 11-02-2013 03:33 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, glad you released the relevant info.

offlineforever 11-02-2013 03:33 PM

Thanks for letting us know Liv.

Gone. 11-02-2013 03:33 PM

It's always a shame to read something like this.

Thank you for letting us know.

If anybody is upset, they can always drop the Supporters an email at support@recoveryourlife.com.

griddlebone 11-02-2013 03:37 PM

I meant to say about the supporters, thanks belle.xx

Daryl 11-02-2013 03:40 PM

pahahaha

what a tool

(insert image of wrench)

The Stolen One 11-02-2013 05:18 PM

Blimey, I didn't suspect that, he kept it up pretty well! But thank you, I think it's better we all know now :-)
That's one pretty big lie!

Cacoethes 11-02-2013 05:33 PM

I suspected but kept out of it in case I was wrong.

HUGE thanks to the guys working to uncover this person, you're awesome!

[Luna] 11-02-2013 05:35 PM

Feel a little bit betrayed as he seemed like a lovely guy and we had spoken on facebook quite a few times. Glad he got caught quite early on xx

GlitterTrashDoll 11-02-2013 05:39 PM

Thank you for letting us know.

The War Doctor 11-02-2013 05:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know. To think he almost came to a Dublin meet. :P

Gamma Zebra 11-02-2013 06:12 PM

Thanks for telling us :)

Pi.R^2 11-02-2013 06:16 PM

Glad this got sorted out in the end. Thanks mods for the effort you put into investigating his claims.

He simultaneously appeared genuine and a bit unbelievable which was just very odd. Strange chap.

Patch. 11-02-2013 06:25 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Quite surprised actually.

fawkes 11-02-2013 06:32 PM

That explains a lot... Some people. *rollseyes*

Thanks everyone :)

SilentBoy 11-02-2013 07:01 PM

Is there any risk of him attending meets at all?

random.swirls 11-02-2013 07:18 PM

As he is now a banned member he won't have access to the meet boards.

That said any meet he was planning on attending will have to change meeting place for obvious security reasons.

Does that make sense?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.