![]() |
afraid of becoming addicted to painkillers
Lately my health hasn't been good....I had an ovarian cyst twice in one month and am going to have surgery on my wrist February 4th to remove part of the bone.....My gyn but me Tylenol with codine for the cyst but I have been taking it for my wrist because I've been so much pain. I'm afraid of becoming addicted to the painkillers. I have an addictive personality and am starting to like the way the drugs make me feel. I can't stop taking them currently because I am in way too much pain.....I'm trying not to take a lot..So far only 2 pills in the day. I'm just afraid that I'll become addicted to the painkillers ...
|
Could you get someone to look after the pills and give you a couple everyday?
Speaking to your Gyn may be an idea, there may be something they can prescribe you which isn't addictive or get them to give you a daily prescription if that is possible, I know it is in the UK. |
Hi there,
This is a genuine concern. I have fibrobyalgia and was on hyfrocodone for years and yes, I became addicted to them. I was taken off them once my doc found out and was put on a non-addictive med. It helps, not as well as the hydrocodone but at least I don't have the worry of becoming addicted again. So, you could ask your doc for something non-addictive. That would be my best advice. Also, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. much love. xxxxxxxxxx |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.