RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Abuse and Bullying Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   what would you do? if ? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201194)

dancedreamer 29-12-2012 02:19 PM

what would you do? if ?
 
everyday you got the blame for something you did not do?
everyday you got yelled at for one thing or the other?
got called names?
told you were bad?
got the odd slap?
got told to get out of my sight on numerous occasions

MadManWithaBox 29-12-2012 03:24 PM

Well thats a very difficult question. I'm afraid I don't really have an answer.

FranticMind 29-12-2012 03:57 PM

things seem quite hard for you now, you just have to not listen to whoever is saying this. i know its hard, but you dont deserve any of that what is going on.

high.hopes 29-12-2012 07:10 PM

Easier to say what's right when your not in the situation but try to acknowledge that what is said might not be true, and maybe because the person wants power over you? Possibly try and find ways to avoid these situations, speak so somebody who may be able to help, and finally, hardest of all, put yourself first and find a way out of the situation...

Could you possibly tell us more about what's going on for you? Who is it that does these things? Does anybody know about it?

Try and stay strong, you're not alone.

Stellata 29-12-2012 07:22 PM

I lived with pretty similar all my childhood. But I thought it was just what happened in families. It wasn't until I was 26 and a counsellor loaned me a book on the inner child that I realised quite how dysfunctional my family had been.

My advice would be for you to ensure you're otherwise in as many nurturing environments as you can, and do what you can to keep building up your self esteem.

And, if there's anything that ever happens that feels it really crosses a dangerous boundary, ensure you tell someone. Even if it doesn't, talking these experiences through with someone you trust could really help, I'm sure. [I don't know from experience though, as I never had anyone to talk to - nor did I think I could even tell someone, the idea was never in my head. Mind you, that was in the '70s and '80s - things were different then.]

dancedreamer 30-12-2012 12:34 AM

Its not easy to ignore when told it eveyday
Try to avoid it as much as possible but that's not easy either
No one knows

high.hopes 30-12-2012 11:05 AM

I understand that, but nothing's impossible either?

How would you feel about confiding in somebody about what's going on for you?

dancedreamer 30-12-2012 11:28 PM

i don't think i can


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.