RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Alone But Not Lonely (Or At Least I'm trying) (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198059)

taterthomas_1990 16-11-2012 06:36 AM

Alone But Not Lonely (Or At Least I'm trying)
 
Okay, so you know what irks me as of late? Society making me feel as if as long as I'm single, my life is incomplete. Yes, it's wonderful when you find "the one" and I look forward to the day that happens for me, obviously. However, It's not like life doesn't begin until that day. I worked my ass off, blood, sweat, and tears to become the person I am today and you know what? I didn't do it for the sake of one person I may very well have yet to meet. I wouldn't /want/ to be in the company of someone who is vain enough to believe that I exist just for them anyway, quite frankly. There is so much beauty in the world, and it's definitely not all contained within one person. I want "the one" for me to be someone who will encourage me to seek out all that beauty waiting for me as opposed to expecting me to see them as it's only (or at least main) source. The things that complete me may be numerous and scattered all over the place, but they are and will continue to be things that I wouldn't trade for the world. That person will understand clearly that they are one of /many/ of those things. That being the case, I'll never find myself thinking my life has gone to s*** when one of those many pieces falls out of place (it'll happen occasionally, you know).

There's also the fact that we're not even the same person for everyone for Pete's sake! I am completely willing to admit that if you asked two different people to describe me, you are pretty likely to get different answers from each of them. Different qualities in others bring out different qualities in us. I (and everyone else) am a multifaceted person. There are things about me that one person will appreciate more than others. Hell, I'll even go to the extent of saying I bet the things one person can't f***ing /stand/ about me (a long list I'm sure) are the same things another likes about me (I can only hope that is an equally long list). The point is, each and every one of us is more than one person could ever really hope to appreciate completely. As such, I choose to surround myself with all types of folks who appreciate various aspects of me and will continue to do so. That is what makes me feel complete. That is what makes my life worthwhile. As such, I can f***ing wait, thanks :)

Frootbatt 16-11-2012 08:13 PM

I just wanted to thank you for putting down in words some of the things I'd thought myself.

Thank you :)

taterthomas_1990 18-11-2012 07:40 AM

I'm glad you took comfort in that :)

Left Phalange 19-11-2012 10:49 PM

I'd like to bump this thread so others can see it and perhaps also take comfort in your words :)

Intaytia 19-11-2012 10:55 PM

This was wonderful to read.

taterthomas_1990 20-11-2012 08:41 AM

LeftPhlange, you may do that, and thank you Thina <3


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.