RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Spot the truth... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197391)

Feel_Good_inc. 04-11-2012 06:13 PM

Spot the truth...
 
fun little game for you.

Of the six things listed below only one is true. The others are only common misconceptions everyone thinks are true, but aren't.

1. Chameleons change colour to match their surroundings.
2. A duck's quack doesn't echo.
3. As a child Einstein failed Math in school.
4. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
5. No piece of paper can be folded more than seven times.
6. Sugar makes children hyperactive.

The answer is here, make our guess before looking and be honest whether you got it right or not:-D
The following content has been hidden - Reason : Answer.
Answer: Number 4. Bats only ever turn left when exiting a cave. No one knows why.

hellokittymad 04-11-2012 06:15 PM

5 is my guess

I didn't get it right but it was a good guess

whirlpools 04-11-2012 06:16 PM

I actually got it right!

The following content has been hidden - Reason : _
I always thought 5 was true until recently, when I read something about folding
a piece of paper until it was thick enough to reach between the earth and the
sun. I also knew about the chameleon and sugar in children, but guessed between
the others
.

Pi.R^2 04-11-2012 06:17 PM

Pretty sure 5 is legit true.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : answer
I'm wrong :'( Dafuq! I'm a mathsy person, I should know these things! *folds paper*

Feel_Good_inc. 04-11-2012 06:22 PM

Strange but true is it not.:laugh:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Also...
If you doubt 5, which many websites really state is true, then check out this:
http://pomonahistorical.org/12times.htm
folded 12 times.

it's all to do with thickness and length.

Pi.R^2 04-11-2012 06:35 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : .
Very interesting! You learn something new every day :)

Sketchy 04-11-2012 09:00 PM

Yay, I got it right! *smiles smugly* :-D

[Luna] 04-11-2012 11:15 PM

I got it wrong!
The following content has been hidden - Reason : ..
I guessed 3 for some reason!

pixiedust_11 04-11-2012 11:25 PM

^^ So did I! I thought I'd be all ironic.

The Stolen One 05-11-2012 12:11 AM

The answer is pretty much the only one I ruled out XD

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Answer given away!
I thought I was being all clever like 'what if there's prominent danger to the left, I'm sure they'd go right! Although I didn't know anything about 2 so that was the second rule out.
I'm so lame at these!

rubik's cube 05-11-2012 04:43 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Spoilers
i thought it was one.

damn.

what about randall (i think that's his name) from monster's inc? and all the other references to chameleons changing colour to match their background?

although, thinking about it, i think i remember my uncle telling me something about it not being that they change colour, but something else. idk.

was pretty sure it wasn't five because i remember seeing the mythbusters on it.

but i didn't even know the correct answer was something people thought/was an actual fact. - shrugs -


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.