RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I live in a sardine can. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195908)

griddlebone 09-10-2012 11:03 PM

I live in a sardine can.
 
I live in halls in a tiny box that they call a bedroom.

At this moment in time I can hear my flatmate turning her light on and off and turning the plug socket on and off and im on the 'other side' of the room,which is about 30cms away from her wall :P


Earlier on I sneezed loudly and my next door neighbour (who I have never met!!) shouted 'bless you' at me so I shouted 'thaaanks.' This is how close we are!

I obviously dont live in halls, I live in a sardine can/some sort of boat cabin thing D:

I hope and pray that either of my neighbours dont start having lots of noisy sex anytime soon! D:

Anyone else living like a sardine/pilchard?
x

Accidentally Abstract 09-10-2012 11:05 PM

Lol, no, but I've had that experience. Funny uni times! XD

squirrelspit 09-10-2012 11:07 PM

the guy whos bedroom is just behind my wall has chosen tonight to stay up late and listen to his tv very loudly.

It is making me cross.

talaiporia 09-10-2012 11:10 PM

Oh wow Liv, that sounds like very thin walls! Awkward if anyone brings guys home... :p

Charlie, could you ask him to turn it down (for the baby, say)?

My flatmates decided to stand outside my room and have a conversation, waking me up. Can't really be annoyed seeing as it was only 10pm.

GlitterTrashDoll 09-10-2012 11:14 PM

My uni halls had thin walls, it was horrible.

I could hear light switches/beds/walking everything! One year my flatmate who had a bedroom above mine decided to have very noisy sex 4 nights a week until 3/4am! And then my flatmate in my final year liked to play music/sing loudly at every available opportunity and then proceeded to have noisy sex that last few months.

So, yes - i feel your pain!!

squirrelspit 09-10-2012 11:17 PM

i could, but he is in the next door flat so i would have to go out into the hall way and hammer on his door and i know he lives with other people. I shall just ignore it but be angry.

Im so stereotypically English.

talaiporia 09-10-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrelspit (Post 3383647)
Im so stereotypically English.

Yes. :p

Gee, maybe I'm lucky, but only 1/5 of my flats has had a roommate that had noisy sex - and even then, it wasn't too bad. Maybe I'm just a heavy sleeper!

whirlpools 09-10-2012 11:20 PM

I live in a flat, but in a modern block with VERY thin walls. Every Monday night, at almost exactly 11.30pm, the upstairs neighbours engage in what can only be described as rampant, animal sex. It makes me jealous. I think they recently oiled their bed, as, rather than hearing intense squeaking of springs and headboards banging the back wall, I can hear them.

Isoverity 09-10-2012 11:32 PM

When the neighbors go porno just get one of these little devices and start to play it. Should break up the mood next door!


http://www.hahaprank.com/le-tooter-fart-maker.html

Delephynite 09-10-2012 11:36 PM

Ah man. That sucks.

I live in an old victorian building. Last week I came home from work at 1am only for the kind folks upstairs to be hammering away on the floor, shaking the walls. Yes the walls and ceiling.

When I looked at my boyfriend he simply replied "yeah. They've been doing it all night." True to apparent form half an hour later they started all over again.

squirrelspit 09-10-2012 11:42 PM

next door man has turned his tv off.

i shall quit moaning as i actually have very nice neighbours.

sajhfuahuefghaeg 09-10-2012 11:46 PM

Can't hear ours, though last year in halls I could hear the guy next to me peeing, didn't make a very pleasant experience.

GlitterTrashDoll 09-10-2012 11:46 PM

That's not very British of you. Continue to moan! :P

griddlebone 10-10-2012 01:04 AM

I can hear the person next door washing his hands and my housemate just headbutted the wall!

I miss my massive bedroom from last year lol.x

LemonTangWang 10-10-2012 01:57 AM

I have a nice biggish room and i never hear a peep from my neighbours :) I do however always know about it when my housemates are having sex but nothing's perfect.

Buttons. 10-10-2012 06:35 AM

I moved flats when I was in university halls because after my one ally in the flat moved out it was just me and two couples who had gotten together since living together (not the smartest move methinks) and they were very loud and very messy plus two of them kept smoking weed in the flat and I hate the smell.

My second flat was okay, most of them were really nice except for a habit of turning all the lights off (there was a general control in the kitchen that included my bedroom 0.o) when drunk and one being very noisy at night and the smoking weed thing again which was fundamentally unhelpful when I had to be up at 5am for my 4th consecutive 12 hour shift.

makedamnsure 10-10-2012 07:22 AM

We have a semi detached house. We do hear the neighbours son playing his guitar sometimes. And they seem to love karaoke! But mostly the only thing we really hear is if they run up or down their stairs.

Sefka 10-10-2012 07:30 AM

I live in a chunky, Soviet-era block of flats with very thick walls.

I have to really put in a lot of effort to hear my neighbours having sex. Sometimes it almost doesn't seem worth it.

Accidentally Abstract 10-10-2012 09:25 AM

One of my ex-housemates started going out with my friend, poisoned her against me, had very loud sex with her regularly & then burnt my clothes for fun.

Another one of my ex-housemates dealt drugs from the house & moved a mate in to live on the sofa.

Another time I had to live with my ex and the new girl she was ****ing and they used to curl up on the sofa together etc, & laugh at me in front of my face AND behind my back.

Yes, I didn't have much luck with houses when I was at Uni.. :/

squirrelspit 10-10-2012 10:44 AM

i can hear upstairs peeing in the night.. i find it kind of comforting.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.