RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Not wanting to do anything (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192841)

zombie-teacups 09-08-2012 11:10 AM

Not wanting to do anything
 
Has anyone ever been in such a bad mood (I hate using the word depressed) that they don’t want to shower/do anything?

I’m kind of like that now.

Buttons. 09-08-2012 11:14 AM

Very much so, and it can be such a difficult place to be in, I'm sorry to hear that you in that place. I find setting myself really small goals useful when I'm feeling like that, for example I'll say, okay the only thing you have to do this morning is have a shower and/or walk the dog. Same for afternoon, okay this afternoon I will either go out with a friend, or if that's too much, I will try and watch a comedy TV programme or read a chapter of a book. It's all about the baby steps. Take your time, and go at your own pace, some people move faster than others, it's human nature and perfectly acceptable.

zombie-teacups 09-08-2012 11:19 AM

I know, I need to start that. Sometimes I wish I could just stay in bed all day, and it's hard because I have school too, and school is such a BIG step for me.

xlaurenx 09-08-2012 01:40 PM

I agree with katy/buttons, setting small goals always helped when I was feeling low. Feeling low can be so hard to deal with, i hate it when I do feel low because I know I have to deal with it and i really wish that i didn't have too. I used to go days without showering, but when I finally made myself it felt really good and i felt alot happier in myself. Other times use just have to really force yourself to do something. Its hard but gets easier :)

Poppet6 09-08-2012 01:45 PM

I often feel like this when i'm down, can't be bothered to do anything what so ever, but tiny little steps should give you something to aim towards, hope you feel better soon xx

crazykat 13-08-2012 07:21 AM

Yeah I have felt this way before, it is a hard place to be in. Like the above have suggested setting yourself small goals to work towards can help. Having a routine can actually help lift your mood too. Also say if you have a shower or complete another small goal it might be helpful to give yourself a reward.

Azmodan 13-08-2012 07:08 PM

I sometimes have days where I won't shower. I know that I need a shower, but it's kinda like the signals just aren't getting through in my brain? I literally just sit there. My psych says it's mini-episodes, but I dunno.

I do exercise each morning (cyling and resistance training) and I find that it kinda gets me going for the day. It's a routine; breakfast (weetabix with banana chopped over and glass of OJ), exercise, shower.

DollyPOP 13-08-2012 07:51 PM

yes. I asked my carer what I did all of last winter and she said nothing, i just sat in my chair all day watching the days go by me. I don't even remember.

risenfromperdition 14-08-2012 05:41 AM

katy's idea is really good.
i've def felt like that.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.