RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Lofepramine (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191635)

over and out 18-07-2012 12:54 PM

Lofepramine
 
Hi,

Yesterday I was put on Lofepramine twice a day. Has anyone got experience of this? I was on them 3 years ago but I can't remember much about the side effects, all I remember is that they helped me. I'm already having side effects but I'm hoping they die off... Does anyone know if they will or not?

Thank you in advance :) xx

Colour Blind 18-07-2012 01:05 PM

I'm on it and it's been better than any other a/d so far. I felt dizzy for a whole on it I think but it went away within a few weeks. Good luck with it!

Lemur 18-07-2012 02:18 PM

I was on it for about 5 months before I stopped taking it (my own choice) - I did get some side effects but they weren't half as bad as the meds I took before that (amitriptyline) - I felt a bit dizzy and kept going a bit hot and cold but they soon died off after a few days. It's different for every person but I didn't find them unbearable or anything like that. :)

Fire Fly 18-07-2012 02:32 PM

I'm on them now. When I first started taking them I put on weight but that gradually went back to normal.

It's been 4 weeks for me on them but they don't seem to be working at all.

Good luck :)
Hopefully they will work for you again x

over and out 18-07-2012 03:18 PM

I remember now they made me sweat like a pig... and its doing it again now!!! which isnt helped by the thunderstorm making me muggy!

Daenerys 18-07-2012 05:10 PM

Made me manic :/
I felt like killing someone on this. I couldn't sleep. It made me really anxious as well as irritable.

over and out 18-07-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daenerys (Post 3301914)
Made me manic :/
I felt like killing someone on this. I couldn't sleep. It made me really anxious as well as irritable.

Do you mind me asking how long you were on them for?

And how long does it take for peoples side effects to kick in after taking their tablets? Mine kick in about 20 minutes after taking them but don't know if this is normal :S

Daenerys 19-07-2012 11:56 AM

Not that long as I couldn't sleep, angry, irritable and anxious. Probably maximum a month or two.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.