![]() |
smear test
Hi im not sure if this is the right place so if it needs to be moved sorry. I had to have my first smear test the other day. I got in such a panic about it but stayed calm and went through with it however when the nurse went to do the test she couldnt because there was some blood on my cervix or something but because of the pill im on i dont have periods and it really worried me. I dont know what it means or anything. The nurse was confused too. She said i cant do it so to go back in 2 weeks but im so scared and nervous i just dont know what to do. Its all im thinking about. I dont want to go back. It was so humiliating and embarrassing i just want to curl up and hide away. Sorry. Just wanted some hugs or anyone else who has had a similar experience xx
|
Its embarrassing but honestly the amount of people that don't go get tested for this reason alone is silly. Im not a doctor but if it was something serious you would have know, it could be because you are on the pill but if you are concerned i would phone up your doctors and ask to speak to a doctor to put your mind at rest, and go back in two weeks.
Many people dont like it, but i would rather find out if something was wrong than avoiding it until it was too late - smear tests can save your life. |
I have got another one booked but im just worrying about it. I know it can save lives which is why i should go back. Im just really scared and nervous. The nurse was great and said not to worry but thats easier said than done :\
|
Remember that the nurse doing it does it all the time. When I worked as a carer, the first time bathing somebody was really weird, but after a while you totally get used to it and don't even really register that you're washing someone's bits...
Also (can't believe I'm writing this!) think of someone you really fancy when they do the actual test, to help you relax in all the right places. Ahem *scuttles off and hides* |
thanks, i never thought of doing that but i will next time. I know she does it all the time i guess its just my personal embarrassment to get over and she was so nice about it but i dont want to go again im terrified. All im thinking about is whether theres something wrong with me
|
I hate them and have to have a friend with me when I get it done to keep me calm. But my friends cervical cancer was detected in time to save her life cause of a smear test. It's the only thing that keeps me going lol. Ring your gp if you're still worried. It might be that you get a bit of blood there when you would get your period (I really have no idea).
|
Thanks my partner has offered to come with me but it'll be 3 weeks if i wait for him as he doesnt have a week day off til then, it could be nothing and i know how important it is which is why i will go i just dont know if ill chicken out when it comes to it. I feel like total freak like im not a real woman :(
|
You aren't a total freak and this doesn't make you not a real woman, at all.
It's understandable you are anxious and frightened, especially after a difficult first experience. I'm really pleased you have re-booked. Would you feel better waiting the 3 weeks so your partner can be with you or just going back so that it is over and done with? x |
Honestly if you are that concerned as has been said by me and someone else, call them up and ask?
|
Honestly I'm coming up to my first smear and I'm absolutely dreading it!! So I k ow how you feel but you can do it!!
Breath in breath out and think of England ;) thy phrase always makes me laugh don't know why, the first time I had an examination "up there" when I was pregnant I just thought of stuff that amused me an that's what got me through x |
I'd rather get it over and done with tbh so ill keep the appt ive got. Its just confusing because she said about the blood but i dont get periods or spotting and i havent since :/. Im going to try and relax before i go but we'll see what happens
|
*snuggles*
I know its hard...I always put mine off which isnt good. loves. xxxxx |
thank you :) its not but one of the downfalls of being a woman i suppose lol xx
|
"blood is not unusual when they scrape the cervix to get some cells. A lot of times, the doctor will tell you that you could have a little spotting after your PAP which would be normal." I found this.... maybe she wasn't able to get a clean smear because it was bleeding as she did it? Hence need to try again?
|
she didnt even do it - there was blood there before she tried :( which is odd cause as i said i dont get spotting or anything with the pill im on. I just feel really pathetic and embarrassed as it was my first one and i dont like getting undressed in front of people x
|
Maybe she bumped it with the speculum or something
|
Hi there
This is something that I've experienced recently. In the last 18 months I have had a cancer scare, irregular bleeds (same thing as you - nothing 'showing' as it were but on the cervix resulting in moving my follow up appointments more than once) and internal ultrasounds to check for fibroids. The amount of panic and stress that is created in your mind is incredible. I didn't want to go back to the nurse, I thought I was going to be infertile or I was going to have to have some awful treatment/surgery or just die. You know what, I was encouraged to go for all the follow ups, I went with my insides wobbling like jelly, and everything turned out to be just fine. There is nothing wrong with me. Just wanted you to know that this is not something to panic about. Easier said than done I know, but it does help to remember that a smear test is meant to be preventative and it's best to just get on with it. You're welcome to pm me if you'd like to talk about this some more. Big hugs! Heks |
Hi thanks,
Im sorry you had all that to go through, but to know someone else had the same is comforting. Im majorly freaking out and its not til thursday so im not sure ill even go. right now i just dont think i can. Im in such a bad place just getting through each day is a challenge. |
I'm sure it feels like you're dragging around ten tonnes of bricks with every step. It's exhausting having thoughts like this lurk about in your mind.
I want to send you big warm hugs for thursday. I will be sending them your way the whole day. It seems the easiest thing to do is just dig a hole in the ground and curl up in it, waiting for everything to just blow over, and maybe yeah, as a quick fix it works, but the fear will come back. When I mentioned feeling like this to my partner he asked me wouldn't I rather just know the outcome, even if there was something irregular just so I knew what I was facing - if anything at all. I wanted to stamp my feet and run away but instead I had a think and realised the voice in my head telling me there was something wrong was scarier than actually going through with it. Now the peace of mind I have is priceless. Wish I could be there to support you in person. I know that you can get through this and I'm with you for every step. You are worth it. Take care and I'll be thinking of you x |
It does feel like that, but the thought of going to the drs tomorrow weighs double that. Im absolutely terrified right now. I was fine and then yesterday i had a tiny bit of blood - not enough for spotting or period though so im in meltdown.
My thoughts are that there is something wrong and i'd rather not know because i dont think i can face an uphill battle like that. I know peace of mind would be amazing but im just so frightened. Ive packed a bag if something goes wrong i cant tell my family at all. Thank you so much for your support it means a lot to me :) xx |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:34 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.