RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   scared and triggered (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183204)

princess4605 19-02-2012 07:51 PM

scared and triggered
 
I'm having such vivid flashbacks. I'm desperate and triggered. I feel like no one is listening to my screams.

pea soup 20-02-2012 08:35 AM

im listening. and i do know how that feels. keep talking here if it helps. just let it out hunni. i do. i learned how and it helps me. we dont mind :)

much love.
xxxxxxxxxx

princess4605 20-02-2012 04:31 PM

i have therapy tomorrow i don't want to have to go back to the hospital :(

risenfromperdition 21-02-2012 09:28 PM

im listening. <3
can you do like an intensive outpatient or partial care program?
so not in hospital but still have support?

crazykat 21-02-2012 09:31 PM

I'm listening, flashbacks are awful. Have you tried any grounding techniques? I find them really helpful for dealing with flashbacks. Also distracting yourself can help sometimes. Keep talking to us here

princess4605 22-02-2012 03:31 AM

I've been isolating myself alot. From my friends and everyone. I saww my therapist. I'll be seeing her twice a week. I got out of the hospital a couple weeks ago. After a OD attempt.
I've been trying some grounding techniques. Like, watching funny shows, drawing and breathing exercises. i hold my breath sometimes without paying attention.
I'm upset though cause, they said I was bad disgusting dirty and a crazy liar.

crazykat 22-02-2012 07:49 PM

Glad your therapist is offering you a bit more support. I know it's hard but try not to isolate yourself as it is only going to make things worse. Glad you have been trying grounding techniques, well done


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.