![]() |
ESA sick notes
I didn't want to hijack Laurarw's thread but I have a similar question. On the back of ESA 'fit notes' it has 2 options 'unfit for work' or 'may be fit for work with support' or something similar.
I have a sick note until March - I left my last job due to anxiety. I have filled out an ESA50 and I am awaiting an ATOS assessment. My question is, I heard it is better to have your GP tick 'not fit for work' until the assessment as otherwise they just dismiss your application. I have cerebral palsy and anxiety and depression. There are some jobs I just can't physically do and some I can't cope with mentally. I do want to work in the 'right' job so not sure what to do. Anybody have any advice? thanks. |
If your GP ticked could work with support then I think you would be hard pushed to continue to claim esa.
When you have your medical they will decide if they think you are fit to work at which point you could claim JSA or appeal, they think you are not able to work right now but with support you can work in the future than you would be placed in the wrag group OR you aren't fit to work at all and that would result in you being placed in the support group. |
Hi Syrup :) love your profile pic!
Thats good you want to work in the 'right' job. I would suggest a meeting with a citizens advice worker to talk this over, followed by a meeting with a career advisor from the job centre. They will be the best to advise you on this and get you working when its right and safe for you to do so. I hope this helps xx Also, this link/guide may be useful to you? http://www.nawra.org.uk/Documents/Ca...he%20ESA50.pdf |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:44 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.