RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best Book and Film of 2011? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180294)

one_step_closer 03-01-2012 11:32 PM

Best Book and Film of 2011?
 
Sorry to bring up the past that is the year of 2011 when we have just begun a new year! What was the best book you read and the best film you saw last year?

My favourite book was Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk. I always thought it was simply about fighting but my brother convinced me to read it. I enjoyed the style of writing right from the start and was completely engrossed in the book.

I think my favourite film was The Help. Again, initially I wasn't interested in seeing it but my brother wanted to see it. It was very moving and I went on to read the book which was also caprivating.

xxhappydaysxx 03-01-2012 11:34 PM

My favourite film was probably "Into the Wild".. actually that wasnt out in 2011 but still I saw it for the first time so I guess it counts :P

Favourite book is a tough one... Probably "A Visit From The Goon Squad" because of the different style used and how it interlinks different peoples lives.

Bellatrix 03-01-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 3090706)

My favourite book was Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk. I always thought it was simply about fighting but my brother convinced me to read it. I enjoyed the style of writing right from the start and was completely engrossed in the book.
.

This is one of my fave books, because there are SO many layers to it. How the fighting is representative of a youth torn from a mother, how the destruction mimics a scream. Is fabulous. Have you seen the film? It's one of the few book-to-film creations I have ever felt to be 100% right. I can watch then read or read then watch and things are just perfect.

one_step_closer 03-01-2012 11:50 PM

I watched the film soon after I read the book. I thought it was ok but I generally don't find films very interesting. It was made very well though.

Field Of Paper Flowers 04-01-2012 12:03 AM

My favourite film of 2011 was by far Green Lantern! I love Ryan Reynolds and he's my favourite actor and the Green Lantern is my favourite DC hero. =)

As for books I don't think I bought any that came out in 2011 but for Christmas 2010 I recieved Mini Shopaholic and I LOVE the Shopaholic series so I finished the series off (so far) with that book last year so I really enjoyed it. =)

LemonTangWang 04-01-2012 01:12 AM

I can't remember anything i've watched :s

mikey 04-01-2012 11:46 AM

Favourite book: The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Favourite film: The King's Speech

LozzyGirl 04-01-2012 11:52 AM

Favourite book - House of Night Novels - Destined
Favourite film - Breaking Dawn part 1

Cacoethes 04-01-2012 12:16 PM

film: sherlock holmes 2. didnt think id like it, but i did!

book: i dont think i finished a book in 2011. my concentration and attention span was even worse!

Hobbes 04-01-2012 01:35 PM

Best film: Neds
Best book: Probably The Perks of being a Wallflower (obviously didnt come out in 2011 but i re-read it :P) or maybe Norweigan Wood

whirlpools 04-01-2012 10:23 PM

I LOVE The Perks of Being A Wallflower!

Favourite book (re-read, basically): Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
Favourite film: Probably also The King's Speech.

xxhappydaysxx 04-01-2012 10:51 PM

I also love Perks of Being a Wallflower!

I didnt understand Jonathan Livingstone Seagull - maybe I;ll have to re read sometime! x

monket 05-01-2012 06:14 AM

Favorite book(s) I read in 2011 were Garth Nix's Old Kingdom Trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen)

And I watched a ton of movies this year, so I'll narrow it down to ones actually released in 2011: Hobo With A Shotgun, Harry Potter 7 (part 2), and Red State


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.