RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   And the Christmas lights this year are going to be turned on by.. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177974)

satsuma.star 26-11-2011 04:45 AM

And the Christmas lights this year are going to be turned on by..
 
This year the Stony Stratford Christmas Lights will be switched-on Sam from the Golden Sea Chinese take-away. Sam's business has been in the town for over 30 years now and he's commonly referred to as one of the nicest people you'll meet!

EXTRACT FROM ABOUT MY AREA

Scrabble. 26-11-2011 04:50 AM

Awesome.

In my area "Santa and the mayor" will be turning on the lights. I dont know if thats better or worse.

x

satsuma.star 26-11-2011 04:58 AM

It makes me giggle as much as Sam is a total legend, he just runs a Takeaway.. people about have traveled across town to see it won't have a clue who he is lol

Buttons. 26-11-2011 11:16 AM

Aw bless. The most we ever had in my home town was a failed X factor contestant. Who if memory serves didn't even bother to turn up 0.o

FabulousMike 26-11-2011 11:45 AM

I've never actually been to one of these things..am i missing out do you think?

Gone. 26-11-2011 12:46 PM

Ahh, the best we had in our town was Ken Dodd... fun times.

Rafiki 26-11-2011 01:18 PM

We had Steven Hall from BGT as he's from my hometown. He performed a brand new special Christmas routine.

Also he used to babysit me & my brother when we were kids. He wasn't keen on dancing then. :P

Cacoethes 26-11-2011 01:24 PM

thats awesome!!!!

ronan park, that 12 year old from bgt(?)
he lives in the small norfolk village i lived for a while, he goes to the same school as my cousins, but they are older than him.

ive never been to one of these xmas light things. too crowded, too cold. just not interested

The Fantastical 26-11-2011 05:49 PM

Peppa Pig was turning on the lights near me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go. :wow:

Bleeding Angel 26-11-2011 09:42 PM

i couldn't be bothered to stand in the cold, but its just the local radio presenter and the mayor that turns them on. I did see the fireworks all nice and cosy from my window.

Charmed 26-11-2011 11:15 PM

Ronan Parke and Micheal Collings from BGT turned the lights on in our area too!!!! I never saw them though. In fact i didnt actually noticed the lights had turned on :S

Buttons. 26-11-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmike (Post 3036953)
I've never actually been to one of these things..am i missing out do you think?

No. No you are definitely not.

Cacoethes 27-11-2011 03:34 AM

they should get justin bieber to turn on the lights this year

*readies sniper*

Zedebee 27-11-2011 05:32 PM

We had Tinchy somebody do it this year. I just went for the fireworks...

Zedebee 27-11-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttons. (Post 3037748)
No. No you are definitely not.

You should come to the Manc one with me one year; it's epic

Pointless 27-11-2011 05:43 PM

I'm don't think anybody famous turned on the city lights but we had Peter Andre turn on the lights at the East Kilbride Shopping Centre. Needless to say I wasn't there.

Anyway, it turns out he's been all over the UK doing this....

Field Of Paper Flowers 27-11-2011 06:01 PM

I don't have a clue who turned the lights on for us this year. Probably some shitty celeb no one really cares about... Unless they're female/male and aged between 12-17 and have the horn for the person. XD

ASkatersDream... 27-11-2011 06:04 PM

gareth gates turned ours on... never seen them being switched on

FabulousMike 27-11-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarletts Web (Post 3038099)
they should get justin bieber to turn on the lights this year

*readies sniper*

Omg that is an amazing idea! Maybe next year *crosses fingers*
Quote:

Originally Posted by Field Of Paper Flowers (Post 3038650)
I don't have a clue who turned the lights on for us this year. Probably some shitty celeb no one really cares about... Unless they're female/male and aged between 12-17 and have the horn for the person. XD

This This This.

Bleeding Angel 27-11-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointless (Post 3038627)
I'm don't think anybody famous turned on the city lights but we had Peter Andre turn on the lights at the East Kilbride Shopping Centre. Needless to say I wasn't there.

Anyway, it turns out he's been all over the UK doing this....

well he does have to make a living..:laugh:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.