RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   I think (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175618)

forever_lost 24-10-2011 01:24 AM

I think
 
I think there should be a secret santa/small gift exchage/card exchage here on ryl this year if it's not too late. I know there was another thread about this that didn't go so well. And I don't want people to fight. But I don't want it to be forgotten about so I'm just gonna say I think this should happen. That's all.

I feel a little worried about posting this, sorry.
I just want people to have a happy christmas/holiday.
I'd do what I can.

Dreaming. 24-10-2011 01:44 AM

:) Sounds like a wonderful idea if we can work out logistics, which I'm sure we can do

Pi.R^2 24-10-2011 01:52 AM

lol, sorry for the dramaz last time :p
And it is a lovely idea, so I hope it can be sorted out :)

Just some advice- as has been said with the CT secret santa, there is a strong chance of lots of people not getting their gifts. My flatmate ran a secret santa on an ED forum, and said that it was a nightmare, but one helpful thing they did was set a post limit, so like, only people who had 100+ posts could take part. Kinda harsh, but means people have to be vaguely well known around here, so a) more likely actually send present, b)random paedos can't just amble in and join the secret santa, which would mean they get to have the address of one of the participants :s

^just an idea and some thoughts :)

-Carpe Diem 24-10-2011 02:01 AM

If people don't get a gift, I'll like, spam them with a card& present, so long as they're from the UK (:

Harley 24-10-2011 03:01 AM

watch this space ;)

forever_lost 24-10-2011 03:03 AM

thanks =]

-Carpe Diem 24-10-2011 03:08 AM

yay ^_^

Good to see you back Harlster

akita 24-10-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 2994344)
My flatmate ran a secret santa on an ED forum, and said that it was a nightmare, but one helpful thing they did was set a post limit, so like, only people who had 100+ posts could take part. Kinda harsh, but means people have to be vaguely well known around here, so a) more likely actually send present, b)random paedos can't just amble in and join the secret santa, which would mean they get to have the address of one of the participants.

Or that the members involved with getting addresses have to have been here for a year or more.

Pi.R^2 24-10-2011 03:48 PM

Yeah, that's a good idea too :)
ALTHOUGH WOE, I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR!!

akita 24-10-2011 11:52 PM

Then you miss out :p






Although it could be 6 months.

-Carpe Diem 25-10-2011 12:21 AM

Jenna, you will have been by the time you get the address though XD


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.