RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NaNoWriMo (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175409)

Niniane 20-10-2011 11:50 AM

NaNoWriMo
 
For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a writing challenge : write a 50 000 words novel in a month.
It's really fun, I did it last year and really enjoyed it. So, out of pure curiosity, are any of you also participating in this crazy writing race ?

ASkatersDream... 20-10-2011 01:17 PM

I thought it was 30,000?

i attempted it last year thats as far as it went lol

Gone. 20-10-2011 01:19 PM

I've always wanted to attempt this and this year seems like the perfect time.
Only thing is, I massively struggle with ideas and what to write and a plot line and things. So if anyone could help with that, that would be amazing!

Zedebee 20-10-2011 04:57 PM

I'm going to give it a good old attempt this year but will probably set my target a bit lower

Field Of Paper Flowers 20-10-2011 11:41 PM

I'm doing it this year! =D 50,000 words is a lot but I'm written lots before for my creative writing course so this is definatly going to be a challenge! I already have my idea though and I can't wait to write it!

DropItDoeEyes 23-10-2011 12:15 AM

Last year was my first year and I completed it :D something I can actually be proud of. I'm definitely doing it again this year. Aaahh this thread has really cheered me up - got me thinking of characters already :) x

Niniane 23-10-2011 12:29 AM

So a good deal of people are participating in that writing-challenge.
I'm doing it for the second time, although I did the two CampNaNo this summer. Although my chances of getting to 50,000 words this year are pretty slim; Uni is eating a big chunk of my time.

Quote:

Only thing is, I massively struggle with ideas and what to write and a plot line and things.
If you can't figure a plot line, can't you pants it ?

Field Of Paper Flowers 23-10-2011 12:55 AM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : ADULT
When I was having a look at the website where you submit your novel ideas I noticed you could write an erotic novel. It made me laugh. =P


Any underage eyes, you REALLY aren't missing anything.

Pretty.Reckless 23-10-2011 04:44 PM

I'm participating this year!!! I won't have internet for the first part either....so no distractions for me!! I've got the idea of what I want to write....I just dunno how I'm gonna make it all work!

GlitterTrashDoll 23-10-2011 05:48 PM

I think I may participate this year.

sweepingly 23-10-2011 09:39 PM

this year'll be my... fourth, I think. last year was the only time I got to 50000 words.

I'm planning to do it again this year, but it's in like two weeks and I have no plot ideas. :| heeeelp.

GlitterTrashDoll 23-10-2011 10:13 PM

I've never done it before - so we shall see how it goes! ahah.

DropItDoeEyes 23-10-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweepingly (Post 2993876)
this year'll be my... fourth, I think. last year was the only time I got to 50000 words.

I'm planning to do it again this year, but it's in like two weeks and I have no plot ideas. :| heeeelp.

If you need some quick ideas, think of a random dream and develop something from there. It's what I like to do, but sometimes it takes a lot of 'developing' :L But it normally gives an idea for a character/ place/ plot and you can make a lot from that :) Orrr another good way of getting random ideas is writing the story behind a painting i.e. how the people in the painting got there if you understand?

xlaurenx 23-10-2011 10:24 PM

I have never done it but i love reading people's story's in CC.

Rodolphus 23-10-2011 11:28 PM

This year will be my 4th year :)
I don't have a clue what I'm going to write, but I'm really hoping to get there this year.

I think I'm going to aim for 30,000 instead, and any more above that will be a bonus. I can manage 1000 words a day :)

Field Of Paper Flowers 24-10-2011 02:20 AM

I've never done it before either, kinda scared about it but hoping I can do it! I have my idea all written and planned out. =) I might post it in the CC too if people would be interested.

Ettie 24-10-2011 08:41 AM

I only learnt of it about a week into nov last year but i think this year ill give it ago, Iv pulled out of course so it will be something positive for me to do.
Though im only going to aim for between 10000 and 15000 words. Iv never written much in my life!

Aemornion 24-10-2011 10:26 AM

This will be my *thinks for a moment* fourth year of doing NaNo. I finished it in my first and third years but failed the second. Hoping to complete again this year!

...Though I don't even have a smidgen of a plan. I'm thinking about just winging it. It'll probably go horrendously wrong - but that's what NaNo's all about right?

Niniane 25-10-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

It'll probably go horrendously wrong - but that's what NaNo's all about right?
You mean about writing a very, very bad first draft ?

Bellatrix 25-10-2011 05:56 PM

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

I did NOT hear the phrase NaNoWriMo...

I did not.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.