RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I thought the erge wasn't there anymore (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172243)

to-be-happy 01-09-2011 01:56 PM

I thought the erge wasn't there anymore
 
Turns out it may still be I felt like I didn't want to sh anymore what's going through the minds of other sh ers like me just wonderinggg

sosew96 01-09-2011 03:56 PM

I am currently cutting. Last time I cut was this morning. I am not looking to stop at this point in time, but maybe after a month or so I will be. I want to get all the cutting out of my system before I call it quits.

silent_scars11 01-09-2011 05:59 PM

Hey Kiandra3, I know the conflicted feelings you're talking about. I've gone from being almost positive I wanted to quit to being almost positive I didn't want to quit. Sometimes I just accept the fact that I don't want to quit yet, it's easier than fighting against it even if it's not necessarily right. :notsure: On some days, I feel "How could I ever feel like cutting again?" But I have and I think that's normal on any road to recovery. Sorry to hear about your confusion, but you definitely aren't alone in this. You just need to really seize those moments when you do feel like qutting and identify all the reasons you want to quit. Then when the urge comes again, you'll at least have some reminders on why you wanted to quit in the first place.

And sosew96, I'm sorry to hear you cut recently and that you don't feel ready to stop right now. It's great that you do see a stopping point on the horizon though, that's definitely a hard thing to see - I've been there. Please just try not to get too carried away. I don't know...just the thought of me trying to "get all the cutting out of my system" is a bit scary.

Please try to stay safe, both of you. <3 :-)

cweed 02-09-2011 07:21 AM

I spent an entire year with almost no urges at all...only after really bad events, and then I beat them. Now, all of a sudden, they're back. Ah, well, I beat 'em once, hopefully I can do it again!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.