RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stupid Question HaHa. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16893)

lower than myself 10-09-2007 03:12 PM

Stupid Question HaHa.
 
Feel free to call me an idiot lol. But is Ros a girls' name or a mans'. I know that Ross is a mans' name but I aint too sure. HaHa. I can't help being an idiot. Lol.

BTW fell free to laugh aswell HaHaHa I am.

crazykat 10-09-2007 03:16 PM

Umm I actually don't know but google it if all else fails

.lost.the.tin.can. 10-09-2007 03:18 PM

Ros or Roz is short for Rosanna and other similar names so that would make it female. Though I'm sure it can probably be used for a guy in some context, not heard it as a mans name before though I have to admit.

Voldemort 10-09-2007 03:18 PM

If you pronounce it 'Ross' with the double 's' sound, it's generally a male's name.

If you pronounce it 'Roz' with the 'z' sound at the end, it's usually a woman's name.

charcoal feathers 10-09-2007 03:27 PM

Girl.
My boss at work is called Ros.

Tears and Rain 10-09-2007 04:07 PM

I'd say girl..

Mandimoo 10-09-2007 04:10 PM

The meaning of the name Ros is Rose
The origin of the name Ros is English

girls, i looked on a couple of babyname sites, they all had it listed as a girls, but not boys/unisex. mand x

Paperdreams. 10-09-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockingbird:. (Post 265920)
If you pronounce it 'Ross' with the double 's' sound, it's generally a male's name.

If you pronounce it 'Roz' with the 'z' sound at the end, it's usually a woman's name.

Yus.

claireyfairy 10-09-2007 05:06 PM

Can also be Roslyn

Kangaroo 10-09-2007 05:23 PM

I'd say it could be either.

x-dying-inside-x 10-09-2007 05:52 PM

it could be either.

Aphelion 10-09-2007 06:03 PM

Either. I know a guy called Ros. So..

Mandimoo 11-09-2007 01:43 PM

Ros as an abbreiviation? Could be either, I was talking about Ros as a whole name, I could only find references to females. mand x

lower than myself 11-09-2007 05:22 PM

woohoo. i met ros todaii, it is a woman. I got really confused it werent fun lol.

happywondering 11-09-2007 09:26 PM

There is some on spooks called Ros and thats a women so yea, I'd say it was a girl's name.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.